This Apple Beet Slaw is a crunchy, flavourful and fresh salad! It’s delicious served alongside ribs and barbecued meats. A perfect summery side dish.
If you’re looking for a really flavourful, and super delicious salad recipe you need to try this Apple Beet Slaw! Not only is this salad wonderfully colourful, it’s loaded with the flavours of fresh beets, apples, and a tangy dressing. So good.
Fresh Beets are Delicious!
Most of the time when beets are served they’re usually boiled or roasted then added to recipes. But have you ever tried fresh beets? They’re absolutely delicious. I love the sweet, earthy flavour and the tasty crunch they add to different recipes like salads. For this Apple Beet Slaw fresh beets are grated and mixed in with fresh apples, cabbage, lemon and cilantro.
Beets + apples = flavour combination perfection
The apples in this salad are the perfect balance for the earthiness of the fresh grated beets. In every bite you get a lot of crunch, a lot of flavour and just the right amount of sweetness from the apples.
A salad almost too pretty to eat!
Seriously though, just look at the colour of this salad. SO bright, so pretty. Beets are amazing. I hope you try this salad, because if you love beets, I’m pretty sure you’ll love it!
- Beets: Use fresh, raw beets for this salad. Raw beets are crunchy and so delicious! I use a cheese grater to grate them for the salad.
- Apples: This recipe calls for Granny Smith apples, but really you can use any kind of apple you like. I like to cut the apples into chunks or matchsticks for this recipe. You can also use a cheese grater, but the apple does tend to get a bit mushy when done this way.
- Cabbage: This recipe calls for about 2 cups each, of chopped red cabbage and green cabbage. We like to make thin strips, but you can also make small chunks, it’s up to you.
- Lemon: The addition of the fresh lemon juice and zest makes this salad even more bright and delicious. The tartness is perfect with the beets and sweet apples.
This Apple Beet Slaw is a delicious addition to this rib dinner menu!
Thank you for PINNING!
More Delicious Beet Recipes:
- Strawberry Beet Salad
- Slow Cooker Roasted Beets
- Kasha (or Quinoa), Beet and Dill Salad
- Easy Crockpot Borscht
- Chocolate Beet Cupcakes (yes, they are delicious!)
Have a delicious day!