If you love the Starbucks Lemon Loaf, then you will love this copycat recipe inspired by it! This moist and lemony loaf is topped with a sweet and tangy lemon icing. So delicious.
This is the kind of lemon loaf that dreams are made of! If you love lemon, then you’ll love this tangy, lemony and super scrumptious lemon loaf.
Inspired by Starbucks
Have you ever had the lemon loaf at Starbucks? You know the one in the counter that just calls your name when you’re ordering your morning coffee? The one with the lovely yellow cake and thick white icing? Yes that one. Well, I’m sharing a recipe that is inspired by that delicious loaf, and I think it’s a pretty great copycat!
If you’re going to make a lemon cake or lemon loaf then I really think it should taste like lemon. Not subtle lemon, actual delicious tangy lemon. This recipe uses the zest from 3 medium sized lemons and fresh lemon juice which gives this cake all the lemon flavour it needs…no added extract, just fresh lemon.
Trust me, add the icing.
Add it. The icing is the perfect sweet lemony topping this loaf deserves. I know most loaves are made without icing added, but this isn’t that kind of loaf. The icing is a must.
A delicious crumb and texture.
One of the most mouthwatering things about this loaf is the perfectly delicious crumb and texture of the cake…it’s not dry, it’s not dense, it’s light and fluffy and moist. I mean, just look at it…so good. I hope you love this loaf as much as we do!
Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe Tips:
- Pan Size: I used a 9 x 5″ loaf pan for this loaf. There is a little more batter in this recipe than most loaves.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper before adding the batter.
- To make the icing, add 1 tbsp of lemon juice at a time to the powdered sugar. Keep adding the lemon juice until you get the consistency that you want. If you want it thicker, add less lemon juice.
- Storage: Keep your lemon loaf in an air-tight container on the counter for 4-5 days (if it lasts that long!).
- If you can, let it rest. Allow the loaf to rest for at least 1 hour before eating it. This allows the flavours to deepen.
- This loaf freezes well.
Thank you for PINNING!
More Delicious Lemon Recipes:
- Lemon Meringue Pavlova
- Delicious Lemon Tart
- Easy Lemon Shortbread Squares
- Lemon Scones with Lemon Curd Glaze
- Fresh Lemonade
Have a delicious day!