This Rhubarb Cloud is a simple and delicious dessert made of whipped cream and sweet stewed rhubarb. Creamy, tangy and SO tasty. Delicious on it’s own, or scooped over rhubarb pie and pancakes.
If you’re looking to add some deliciousness to your summer, you’re in the right place! Today I’ve joined some blogger friends, and we have come together to share some delicious summer recipes with you! Thank you to Krista of Happy Housie for organizing this Season Simplicity Summer Series. Make sure to check out all the delicious summer recipes in the links at the bottom of this post.
For my summer recipe, I’m sharing a really easy dessert that I think you will love, Rhubarb Cloud! Rhubarb Cloud desserts are made with just 4 simple ingredients: whipping cream, rhubarb, vanilla and sugar. That’s it. And they are as light and fluffy as their name suggests!
Fruit Fool Desserts…I Call Them Clouds
This type of dessert is most often referred to as ‘fruit fool’. Modern fruit fool desserts are just mixtures of fruit stirred into whipped cream. And this particular version that I’m sharing today is made with stewed rhubarb. I call them clouds instead because that’s what it feels like you’re eating….fluffy clouds of cream with bites of fruit. Yum!
Fluffy and Delicious!
This Rhubarb Cloud is everything you love about rhubarb all stirred up in fluffy whipped cream. Delightful. I really like to serve light and fluffy desserts like this after a big meal because they’re not too filling. They’re a nice and light after dinner treat.
Make them pretty!
For an extra special touch, garnish your dessert cups with pretty edible flowers.
Rhubarb Cloud Recipe Tips:
- Serving ideas:
- Enjoy this Rhubarb Cloud on it’s own as a stand alone dessert.
- This rhubarb cloud is also really delicious on pancakes.
- Serve a dollop on rhubarb pie!
- Cooking the rhubarb: I sometimes will use a potato masher to break down the rhubarb. You want the mixture to be soft. Also make sure the rhubarb mixture is completely cool before stirring it into the whipped cream.
- Make it ahead! You can make this dessert in morning of the same day that you are going to eat it. That way it will be ready for dessert when you are! Just keep them covered.
- Serving a crowd: If you’re serving a crowd, feel free to double or even triple the recipe. To make things even easier, serve the big batch out of a large serving bowl and let your guest help themselves.
This Rhubarb Cloud is a simple and delicious dessert made of whipped cream and sweet stewed rhubarb. Creamy, tangy and SO tasty.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar and water.
- Simmer over low-medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until all the sugar has dissolved and the rhubarb has broken down.
- I sometimes will use a potato masher to break down the rhubarb. You want the mixture to be soft.
- Let COOL COMPLETELY.
- In a mixer, whip together the whipping cream, sugar, and the vanilla. Set aside.
Putting it all together:
- Once the rhubarb has completely cooled, fold it into the whipping cream.
- Evenly distribute the dessert between 4-5 dessert cups or fancy glasses.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to eat!
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: rhubarb fool, rhubarb cloud
More Delicious Dessert Recipes:
Tasty Summer Recipes to Try!
Make sure to check out all of the delicious summer recipes below! I hope you’ll leave inspired to make something. Just click the links below the images to be taken to their post…
Grilled Zucchini with Parmesan on the BBQ at The Happy Housie
The BEST. Summer Salad at My 100 Year Old Home
Summer Corn, Blueberry and Avocado Salad at Cassie Bustamante
Lobster Rolls at Home at Finding Silver Pennies
Easy Skillet Nachos at She Gave it a Go
Rhubarb Cloud Dessert at A Pretty Life
Summer Apple Rhubarb Galette at Life is Better at Home
Summer Pavlova at Life is a Party
Lemon Rosewater Cookies at This is Simplicite
Cherry Rhubarb Crisp in Mini Skillets at Satori Design for Living
Cherry Pie Ice Cream at Jenna Kate at Home
Berry Crisp on the Grill at Clean & Scentsible
Sheet Pan Lemon Bars at My Sweet Savannah
Have a delicious day!