This flavourful and delicious Ramen Cabbage Salad is loaded with shredded cabbage, bean sprouts, mushrooms, ramen noodles, almonds and seeds, all tossed in a tangy dressing. Makes a big batch.
This salad is a family favourite, and makes an appearance many times during the summer! It’s classic and so so good, the bowl empties quickly!
An Easy and Quick Salad!
This salad is much easier to make than it might look…there are a lot of ingredients, but they’re simple and easy to assemble. You can have it ready in about 20 minutes!
Full of Flavour!
Ramen Cabbage Salad is full of shredded cabbage, ramen noodles, chow mein noodles, bean sprouts, toasted almonds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds. Then it’s all tossed together with green onions, mushrooms and a tangy delicious dressing.
This Recipe Makes a Big Batch
Because this recipe makes a big salad, it’s perfect for summer barbecues, picnics or potlucks…and it’s guaranteed to be a hit. I hope you make it!
Ramen Cabbage Salad Recipe Tips:
- If you don’t like mushrooms, feel free to leave them out.
- Make ahead! You can make the dressing ahead of time. Just wait to toss the dressing with the salad until right before you are ready to serve it.
- Ramen Noodles. I like to use the chicken flavour, but feel free to use vegetable.
- This salad is best enjoyed immediately after it’s made. Although, I do love the leftovers…the noodles get a bit soggy but are very flavourful!
- Quick Tip: You can use a bagged cabbage salad mix to make this!
- Make it a meal! Add grilled chicken to make it a meal!
Ramen Cabbage Salad
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1/2 medium sized head of green cabbage shredded
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 - 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 1 - 3 oz package of instant noodles ramen, broken up (I like to use the chicken flavour)
- 1/2 package of chow mein noodles about 3 cups (I use the Parkay brand)
- 1 package of seasoning from the ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Mix together the all of the ingredients for the dressing. I use a hand blender to make the mixture nice and creamy. You can hand mix it, but I find the dressing doesn't mix well this way.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the slivered almonds and sesame seeds on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Then remove them from the oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the shredded cabbage, mushrooms, sliced onions, bean sprouts, sunflower seeds, toasted almonds and sesame seeds.
- In a separate bowl mix together the ramen and chow mein noodles.
Putting it all together:
- Right before you're ready to serve the salad, toss the cabbage mixture with the dressing.
- Then stir in the noodles.
- Serve right away.
Recipe adapted from Company’s Coming
More Delicious Recipes with Cabbage:
Have a delicious day!