Caramel Crunch Popcorn is a family favourite! It’s chewy, rich, creamy and so full of delicious caramel flavour. A perfect holiday treat.
And so it begins…it’s crunch time. Baking, eating, baking, eating…tight pants. But who can resist all the scrumptiousness this time of year? Not I. It’s all about cookies, chocolate, cake and delicious appetizers. This time of year is the best. All the food.
One of our most favourite, and most asked for treats this time of year is Caramel Crunch Popcorn. There’s never been a Christmas yet where this recipe hasn’t been on the treat plate.
A Family Recipe
This Caramel Crunch Corn is my Mom‘s recipe, and I believe she got it from my Grandma. I love so much that this is a family recipe passed down…it will always remind me of them. And now I hope that this recipe will remind my own kids of me…considering that they ask for it every year, I think that is a possibility. Love.
Nuts or No Nuts?
I like to make a couple batches of this popcorn over the holiday season because it doesn’t last long! Usually the first batch lasts about 1 day. Ack. And I usually make one batch with nuts and one without. I’m in the no nut camp as far as popcorn goes, but my Dad and my husband love nuts in theirs so I make a batch just for them.
- Soft and Chewy. From my experience, I have found the more the caramel coloured the mixture is, the harder the popcorn crunch is…so I cook my caramel mixture just a little less in time than I think I should, so it comes out soft.
- Butter: Make sure you use a really good salted butter for this recipe! The salt adds extra flavour.
- Nuts: If you wish to add nuts to your popcorn, you might want to toast them in a 350 degree oven for 2-5 minutes, watching them very carefully. Toasted nuts are so flavourful.
- Storage. Keep this popcorn in an airtight container at room temperature.
- How long will this last? Providing you don’t eat it all in one day, this popcorn is great for 3 – 5 days, making it a great make-ahead treat.
- This makes a great hostess or neighbour gift! Wrap a batch in some festive DIY wax paper or cellophane and tie with some festive ribbon. Or give it a festive tin.
PIN IT to make later!
Have a very Merry day!