Watch this quick video to show you How to Cut Watermelon into easy to eat sticks! This simple slicing method is such a great way to serve watermelon!
I love this technique for cutting watermelon. There’s just something about it that makes eating watermelon that much more fun! And you end up with less rind, and more watermelon in every bite. Win-win!
The BEST way to serve watermelon!
Watermelon is the ultimate summer snack! And I know we’re all probably used to cutting watermelon the same way, into classic watermelon wedges. But we’ve been doing it all wrong! You need to try this method of cutting watermelon into sticks. It’s so easy and makes serving and eating watermelon easier than ever!! (I also feel like there’s a lot less mess with this method)
Watermelon Cutting Tips:
- WATERMELON: This technique works for all sizes of ripe watermelon, or any type of melon.
- TOOLS: You will need a large cutting board and a large sharp knife.
- HOW TO START: Make sure to start at the centre of the watermelon, and work your way out, spacing the pieces 1 inch apart.
- GREAT FOR SALAD PREP: This is also a great way to slice watermelon if you need watermelon cubes for fruit salads or a watermelon feta salad.
- PREP TIP! Cut your watermelon ahead of time, and keep it covered in a bowl in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
- STORAGE: Store the cut watermelon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Cut a Watermelon:
Here is a simple photo visual tutorial on how to cut a watermelon into sticks. It’s SO simple!
Then serve the cut watermelon cut side down, and let everyone take a piece!
Watch this quick video to show you How to Cut Watermelon!
The easiest way to tell you how to cut a watermelon like this, is to just show you! So I’ve put together a quick video with all the steps…it’s only just over 1 minute long. I encourage you to watch it so you can see just how easy it is!
. . . . . . .
. . . . . . .Print
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
More Fun Ways to Serve Watermelon:
Easy Watermelon Pops
Adding popsicles sticks into the rind of the watermelon is a fun way to serve watermelon…kids love it! We served these at my daughter’s backyard birthday party a few years ago.
For more summer ideas, make sure to follow my Summer Pinterest Board for inspiration!
Have a delicious day!