This Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Cake is absolutely delicious! Made with grated zucchini mixed into a cinnamon swirl vanilla cake base.
It’s that time of year when there’s so much zucchini around it’s hard to know what to do with it all. Not to worry, I’ve got loads of zucchini recipes to share! But first, this Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Cake…it’s a must make if you’ve got zucchini to use up.
About this cake:
This Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Cake is tender and moist with flavours of vanilla and cinnamon, with specks of zucchini baked in. Delicious.
A versatile cake.
I love a square of this cake in the morning with a cup of freshly brewed coffee…so so good! It’s also a great snacking cake. Or add it to a brunch menu with eggs, bacon and fruit salad. This cake is also great for dessert.
Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Cake Recipe Tips
- ZUCCHINI: This recipe uses about 1 small zucchini (you need 1 cup shredded). Make sure to squeeze out excess moisture (you can use paper towel to do this or just use your hands).
- CINNAMON/SUGAR SWIRL: Use all of the mixture, trust me.
- SOUR CREAM: You can also use Greek yogurt or a thick Balkan yogurt (6%)
- PAN SIZE: Use an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- PREPARE THE PAN: Make sure to line the pan with parchment paper.
- STORAGE: You can keep this cake on your counter at room temperature for up to 3 days. Just wrap it tightly with plastic wrap so that it doesn’t dry out.
- FREEZING: This cake freezes well. Remove from the pan and store in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 3 months.
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS: Feel free to add nuts to this cake: walnuts or pecans.
How to assemble this cake:
Here is a quick look a how to put this delicious cake together!
To an 8 x 8 baking pan, add the first layer of cake (half of the batter), then half of the cinnamon and sugar. Then top with the remaining cake batter.
Then top with the remaining cinnamon/sugar mix. Use a fork to lightly swirl the sugar into the cake. Now bake!
I hope you love this cake!Print
Cinnamon Cake Recipes
Have a delicious day!