Have loads of fresh zucchini? Make this hearty, healthy and delicious Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal for breakfast! Ready in about 1 hour.
If you’re looking for a tried-and-true, and super delicious recipe for fresh garden zucchini, then you should try this Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal! A cozy, creamy and tasty breakfast.
Never too many zucchini recipes!
Zucchini is one of those vegetables that everyone seems to have SO MUCH of in later summer. And if this is true for you, then I’m sure you’re always looking for new and delicious recipes to try. This Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal is definitely a recipe you should add to your zucchini rotation…it’s so good…even the zucchini haters will enjoy it.
Baked Oatmeals are the best.
If you’ve visited here before, then you know that I love baked oatmeals and have made many, many different variations…from banana bread to peach raspberry, strawberry rhubarb, peanut butter, pear, apple pie and pumpkin spice. I love them because they’re so quick and simple to assemble, and they can feed a crowd. But I especially love them because my family loves them too.
Creamy and so flavourful.
This zucchini bread baked oatmeal is so delicious. The great thing about zucchini is that it takes on the flavour of what ever spices are added, in this case cinnamon. But what zucchini really does is add softness and moisture to recipes. In this dish the shredded zucchini makes the oatmeal nice and creamy.
Bake it now or bake it later.
You can make this Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal the day you want to serve it, but you can also make it ahead of time. If you wish to serve it the same day, just assemble, let sit for at least 15 minutes, then bake and serve right away. If you want to make it the day before you want to serve it, just assemble, cover and refrigerate overnight, then bake in the morning.
About the Ingredients:
- Oats: I like to use quick oats for this baked oatmeal, but you can also use rolled oats.
- Zucchini: This recipe calls for 1 cup of shredded fresh zucchini. Make sure to let the shredded zucchini rest for 10 minutes, then squeeze out excess moisture.
- Milk: You can use 1, 2 or 3% milk for this recipe. The creamier the milk, the creamier the oatmeal. You can also use a non-dairy milk like oat milk or almond milk.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure to squeeze out excess moisture from the zucchini! First shred the zucchini, let it rest for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the moisture.
- Serve this baked oatmeal with: Milk or cream, and extra brown sugar or maple syrup if you like.
- Optional Additions: You can add 1/4 cup chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts. Sometimes for extra nutrition I like to add in 1 – 2 tsp of chia seeds and 1 tbsp of flax seed.
- Tip! I like to use a hand blender to blend the wet ingredients (milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla with the cinnamon and brown sugar too). It makes everything nice and creamy.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 – 3 days. Just reheat individual portions in the microwave.
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!