This Lemon Tart with a Shortbread Cookie Crust is garnished with edible Pansies to make a showstopper dessert! Easy and beautiful!
Have you ever considered decorating your desserts with edible flowers? Adding pretty petals from edible flowers like pansies, marigolds and cornflower, takes a tart, cupcake or cake to the next level of gorgeousness. And it’s SO simple to do.
I’ve always been drawn to cakes and tarts all adorned in lovely fresh flowers, so I don’t know why I don’t do this at home, especially for special occasions. I mean seriously, is there any easier way to decorate a dessert than to sprinkle some pretty edible flowers over a tart or cake?
So this past weekend, after a very trying and very emotional week, my daughter baked this gorgeous lemon tart. It’s funny because the night before as I was laying in bed I decided to make a lemon tart to share with you as part of my edible flower series here on the blog. And would you believe it, when I got home the next day from an outing, my daughter had baked a lemon tart…without me having said anything about wanting to make one!! My daughter and I are often on the same wavelength, so it really shouldn’t have come as a surprise to me, but I was pretty shocked at the coincidence!!
What a beautiful and delicious tart it is! And it’s the perfect canvas for some gorgeous edible pansies…the most simple and pretty way to take this tart to superstar status. Lovely.
This lemon tart tastes like sunshine! Sweet, tart lemon flavour with a buttery sweet and delicious shortbread cookie in every bite. So good.
Lemon Tart Recipe Tips:
- Crust: I like to use a food processor to make the crust, it’s so easy!
- Filling Tip! I like to use a hand blender to mix the lemon filling…doing it this way ensures that the filling is nice and creamy.
- Chill: Make sure to let your tart rest and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish: You don’t have to garnish your tart with edible flowers…it’s beautiful without them too.
- Leftovers: Store any of the delicious leftovers in a container in the fridge.
Watch the video!
– – – – – –
– – – – – –
More Delicious Tart Recipes:
- Strawberry Cream Tart
- Lemon Meringue Tart
- Raspberry & Vanilla Cream Tarts
- Coconut Cream Tarts
- Maple Cream Tarts
Have a delicious day!