This fresh and bright Lemon Curd Recipe is easy and delicious! It makes a perfect addition to many desserts and recipes.
I absolutely LOVE homemade lemon curd. It is the most easy recipe to make, and it’s delicious with SO many things. You can spread it on scones or pancakes, drizzle it over ice cream, add it to cookies, cakes and tarts…the lemony possibilities are endless!
This lemon curd tastes just like a lemon meringue pie! It’s both tart and sweet. It’s creamy and so delicious! You might want to double or triple the batch (it keeps really well, so don’t be afraid to make more!).
Why make lemon curd?
Because it’s SO DELICIOUS. But really, lemon curd is a wonderful sauce/dessert that can be enjoyed with so many things. And it’s very very easy to make…in fact, you can have a batch ready to enjoy in about 10 minutes. To convince you that you need to make it, here are some delicious serving ideas:
15 Ways to Use Lemon Curd:
Lemon Curd Recipe Tips
- LEMON: Use clean, fresh lemons as you will be using the fresh lemon juice and zest from the peel. You can also use Meyer lemons, although the curd will taste a little different.
- BUTTER: You can use salted butter or unsalted butter.
- EASILY DOUBLED: This recipe is easily doubled or even tripled.
- MAKE AHEAD: Make this a day or two ahead of time. Just store in the fridge.
- STORAGE: Keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I like to store mine in a small jar.
Love citrus curd recipes? Try this Grapefruit Curd!
PIN IT to Make Later!
Have a delicious day!