A classic and delicious recipe for Sour Cream Waffles. The addition of sour cream to the batter makes these waffles rich, moist and SO GOOD.
Waffles are the best.
Seriously, they really are. I actually think I prefer them over pancakes. You just can’t beat all the little squares that fill up with melted butter and syrup. SO GOOD.
Sour Cream Makes Everything Taste Better
These waffles are a little different than classic waffles in that there is sour cream in the recipe. Sour cream makes everything more delicious, especially when it comes to any kind of baking/cooking of things like cakes, muffins, pancakes and waffles. Sour cream adds extra fat which makes recipes more rich and flavourful. When ever I see a recipe for a cake or baked good that has sour cream in the ingredient list, I just know it’s going to be delicious. And the same is true for pancakes and waffles.
This Recipe Makes a Big Batch
From this recipe you will get about 20 – 24 medium sized waffles which feeds our family of 5 comfortably with about 2 – 3 waffles per person, plus leftovers. I like to have leftover waffles for breakfast for the kids during the week…they just pop them in the toaster before school.
Waffle Recipe Tips:
- Sour Cream: If you really want to make these waffles and realize that you don’t have sour cream, feel free to use a thick yogurt like Greek Yogurt instead.
- Waffle Batter: Our waffle maker is a standard size that makes medium sized waffles, so I use about a 1/4 cup batter for each waffle.
- Don’t Over Mix the Batter: Just lightly combine the batter. If you over mix, the batter will be runny and your waffles will not be fluffy.
- Let the Batter Rest: Give the batter at least 10 minutes to rest before you make your waffles.
- Avoid Lifting the Lid Too Early! Let the waffle maker do its thing and try to only lift the lid when you’re ready to remove the waffles.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with syrup, whipped cream and fresh fruit or a fruit salad.
recipe adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod
Thank you for PINNING!
More Delicious Pancake and Waffle Recipes:
- Eggless Waffles
- Pumpkin Pie Waffles
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
- Dutch Baby Pancake
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Have a delicious day!