If you’re looking for a simple, delicious and hearty salad or side dish, this Tex Mex Couscous Salad is a great option! Made with fresh vegetables and couscous that are tossed in a flavourful Tex Mex dressing.
Add this Tex Mex Couscous Salad to your summer recipe rotation! It’s so easy and so versatile. And bonus points because it can be made ahead! Enjoy.
Fresh, easy and delicious!
I love salads like this Couscous Salad that are loaded with vegetables and healthy ingredients like beans. And one of the best things about these salads is how versatile they are as far as ingredients go…add your favourite vegetables and beans. You can even add sliced grilled chicken to it and make it a meal!
Perfect for summer barbecues!
This a great recipe for summer dinners. Make it in the morning and it’s ready when dinner time rolls around…it’s a robust salad so you can make it well ahead of time. And it will travel well so it’s perfect for picnics and hikes.
Couscous Salad Recipe Tips:
- Options: Feel free to add your favourite vegetables and beans to this salad. This recipe is very versatile.
- Here are some ideas: peppers, onions, corn, cherry tomatoes, chopped snap peas, chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans, cucumbers, etc…
- How long does this salad last? This salad will last at least 3 days, covered tightly in the fridge. Just give it a good stir before each time you serve it. And an extra squeeze of lime juice will freshen this salad up nicely.
- Make Ahead: This salad could easily be made a day ahead. This makes it a great option for potlucks and backyard barbecues.
- Couscous Make Ahead Tip: If you are having couscous for dinner, just make a little extra and use it to make this salad the next day! It’s a great way to use up leftovers.
Thank you for PINNING!
Have a delicious day!