Crispy. Cheesy. Quinoa. Just think about that for a second? Are you drooling yet? I don’t know about you, but my love affair with quinoa is not over yet. Oh no, we’re just getting started…I love love quinoa!
So when I find a recipe with quinoa that I LOVE, I must share it. It just wouldn’t be fair to you otherwise…How could I possibly let you go another day without knowing of these Crispy Cheesy Quinoa Bites? 😉
These delectable little morsels have 3 of my most favourite foods in them: cheese, quinoa and cheese. Cheese.
Not only are they packed full of flavour, they’re packed full of nutrition too!
Serve them up with some dip, like ranch or Caesar, and you have an amazing appetizer or side dish!Print
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup grated cheese (mozzarella or cheddar or marble)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (depends on how much you like parmesan)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt (I use Lawry’s)
- You can use leftover quinoa for these bites. Or you can cook a new batch. Just cook according to package directions, then let cool.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly whisk the eggs together, then add all the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using about 1 tbsp of the quinoa mixture, squish it/roll it into balls and place them on your baking sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
Now go ahead and try them! They’re perfect served alongside BBQ roasted chicken!
Have a delicious day!