These Vietnamese Chicken Meatballs are so flavourful! Make them to add to salad rolls, lettuce wraps or summer roll salad dinner bowls. Or serve over rice.
If you’re looking for something delicious and flavourful for dinner (or an appetizer), these Vietnamese Chicken Meatballs are fantastic!
About this recipe:
These tasty little bites are filled with flavours of fresh ginger, cilantro, lemon zest and garlic. SO GOOD. This recipe makes a batch of 24 small meatballs which will feed 4 – 5 comfortably. If you want to feed a crowd, make sure to double the recipe.
They’re perfect for Salad Roll Bowls!
I always make these Vietnamese Chicken Meatballs for my Summer Roll Salad Bowls. They add the MOST delicious flavour to this dinner. You NEED to try these bowls…they’re so so so so good. But here are more serving ideas for these meatballs:
- Serve them as an appetizer with peanut sauce for dipping (you can find that recipe in my Summer Roll Salad recipe post).
- Add to lettuce wraps.
- Make them a main course and serve over rice with steamed broccoli.
- Roll into salad rolls.
- Make Bahn Mi meatball sub sandwiches.
- Add to Vietnamese Chicken Rice Noodle Soup.
Vietnamese Chicken Meatballs Recipe Tips:
- Ground Meat: This recipe calls for ground chicken but you could also use ground turkey or pork.
- Onion: This recipe calls for green onion, but feel free to substitute with minced shallots or yellow or red onion.
- Rolling the mixture into meatballs: The mixture can be very sticky so if you can’t roll it it use two spoons two drop a dollop (about 1 inch in size) onto a prepared baking sheet.
(from the Best of Bridge)
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!
Note: This recipe was originally published in 2011. I have since updated this post with new images and recipe tips!