These brownies are the most chocolate-y, moist, and delicious brownies I have ever had! I mean, with a name like Triple Chocolate Brownies, how can you possibly go wrong! They would make a great dessert or treat for Valentines Day!
Triple Chocolate Brownies
This recipe is from Chef Michael Smith
- 8 oz of dark chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Melt chocolate and butter in indirect heat. I just put a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (see picture below).
- Stir constantly. When melted, whisk until smooth. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, sugar and vanilla to chocolate mix. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour mix and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a lightly buttered and floured 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
How To Melt the Chocolate:
Melt chocolate and butter in indirect heat. I just put a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (see picture). Stir constantly. When melted, whisk until smooth. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
Brownie Recipe Tip!
- I read a great tip in Martha Stewart’s Living: instead of using flour to dust your pan, use cocoa powder and you won’t see it! Genius!!
Serve with ice cream or whipping cream!