These Raspberry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies are so decadent! Rich and fudgy brownies with a silky raspberry cream cheese swirl in every bite!
If you’re craving a rich and delicious chocolate dessert, these Raspberry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies are the answer! Fudgy brownies, rich raspberry cheesecake…SO good.
Brownies + Cheesecake = Amazing.
Brownies on their own are the ultimate chocolate treat, but adding in a cheesecake swirl…oh my goodness, the best. Brownies and cheesecake are a match made in dessert heaven. And a creamy raspberry cream cheese swirl? Yes. Raspberries and chocolate were made to be together.
So easy to make!
Cream cheese swirl brownies are really easy to make, don’t be intimidated to make them! It’s as easy as swirling together two simple mixtures — you really can’t go wrong. And the end result is so worth it.
About the Raspberry Swirl
I added homemade raspberry jam to the cream cheese for these raspberry cheesecake brownies. Making your own jam is really simple, especially when it’s just a small batch. To make this jam, it will only take you about 15 minutes, I promise! I use this easy, two-ingredient Raspberry Jam recipe, but if you prefer, you can also use a pre-made raspberry jam.
Let the brownies cool!
Once the brownies are done baking, you will have to use your strongest willpower not to cut into them! But you must let them chill in the fridge for at least two hours to set before you dig in. Trust me on this. If you cut in too soon, these brownies will just end up a warm gooey mess. Delicious, but gooey.
Tips & Tricks
- Chocolate: Use a rich and flavourful unsweetened cocoa powder or Dutch process cocoa.
- Cream Cheese: Use an 8 ounce brick of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Raspberry Jam: You can use store-bought jam or make this easy small batch raspberry jam.
- How to Make the Swirl: If you want to see how to make the swirl, I put together a video on my Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownie post that shows you how!
- Brownie Doneness: The bake time for these brownies is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, but could be longer depending on your oven. The brownie is done when the edges of the brownie have puffed, the centre of the cake feels firm to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let it cool! This brownie needs to cool for at least 2 hours in the fridge before cutting into it! Trust me on this.
- Serve with fresh raspberries, or whipped cream or scoops of vanilla ice cream. Yum!
- For ideas for leftover egg whites, visit my post here.
Raspberry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
These Raspberry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies are so decadent! Rich and fudgey brownies with a silky raspberry cream cheese swirl in every bite!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chilling Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
- Yield: 25 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
The Raspberry Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9×9 inch square baking pan. I like to line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, this makes it easy to remove the brownies from the pan once they’re baked.
- You want to make the brownie and cheesecake mixtures separate.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt the butter and sugar together, you just want to gently melt, not boil. Then transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl, and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Once the butter/sugar mix has cooled slightly, add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
The Raspberry Cream Cheese Swirl:
- Using a stand mixer beat together the cream cheese, raspberry jam and egg yolk until well smooth and creamy.
Putting it all together:
- Spread half of the brownie batter in your prepared pan.
- Using half of the raspberry cream cheese mixture, add large spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture on the brownie batter, spaced about an inch apart.
- Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese mix, until you have a marbling effect like in the pictures above.
- Then spread on the remaining brownie batter.
- Add the remaining cheesecake mixture in clumps, and swirl again.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. Depending on your oven, it may take longer. The brownie will be done when the edges of the brownie have puffed, the centre of the cake feels firm to the touch, and a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours before cutting.
Keywords: swirl brownie, raspberry cheesecake swirl brownie, raspberry cheesecake brownies
PIN IT for later!
Have a delicious day!