These Creamy Chicken Green Chili Enchiladas are simple and delicious. And they can be on your table in under 1 hour. Tip: Use a rotisserie chicken to speed things up!
Hello! Thanks for popping in today…have I told you lately how much I appreciate you all? I really do…I love that you take the time to come by and read, get a recipe, leave a nice comment…I’m lucky to have you here! So I thought it would be nice to give you a really great recipe today…you won’t be disappointed with what I’ve whipped up for you!
This recipe is always a hit!
We love Mexican food, and I know when it’s a Mexican-inspired theme for dinner, my kids always come running to the table. Especially if these Creamy Chicken Green Chili Enchiladas are on the menu. Just the mere thought or mention of them makes my mouth water.
So before I get started, I wanted to mention my love of rotisserie chickens from the grocery store since this recipe includes one. Sometimes they’re cheaper to buy than chicken from the meat counter, not to mention the fact that they’re cooked to perfection and ready to go. This also means that you can speed up your dinner prep time when you use a rotisserie chicken. And 1 chicken can yield 3 meals…it’s true.
You can use any cut of chicken for this recipe, just make sure to shred it before adding to the chili. My favourite is ready-made, store bought shredded rotisserie chicken, it’s quick and delicious! If you need to make your own chicken, place 2 -3 chicken breasts on a large sheet of foil, season with salt and pepper, a little onion powder, garlic powder and a sprinkling of cumin. Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes in a 350 degree F oven. Then shred and proceed with the recipe below.
Creamy Chicken Green Chili Enchiladas Tips:
- Chicken: Scroll down to see tip below.
- Green Chilis: Use 2 (4 oz) cans.
- Sour Cream: You can use full fat or low fat sour cream. Some people have asked for substitutes for sour cream, and I think Greek yogurt would also work.
- Cheese: This recipe calls for Monterey Jack cheese, but you can use mozzarella, pepper jack cheese or any flavourful white cheese.
- Tortillas: I prefer to use soft corn tortillas for these enchiladas, they’re the most flavourful. If you can’t find them, flour tortillas also work.
- Tortilla Tip! Warm the corn tortillas before you use them or they will crumble when you try to roll them. To do this, wrap the stack of tortillas up in tin foil, and place them the 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Make Ahead: You can assemble this dish a day ahead then bake it the next day.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: These also freeze well. You can freeze them after you bake, or before, it’s up to you. Just cover tightly and keep in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, then bring up to room temperature before warming in the oven.
- Add Ins: If you want these enchiladas to be a little extra spicy, add some minced jalapeños to the chicken mixture.
Ready in 1 hour.
This is a really quick and easy dinner to make, which means that you can have dinner on the table in about 1 hour.
WHAT TO SERVe WITH
green chili enchiladas
Quick. Easy. Delicious. Creamy.Print
Recipe inspired by Raining Hot Coupons
PIN IT to make later!
I hope you enjoy these green chile chicken enchiladas! Have a delicious day!