A meal plan full of recipes that are Mexican inspired. Most can be on your table in about an hour or less after you get home from a busy day!
It’s almost Cinco de Mayo! In this house, we love Mexican food, and so I decided to take this opportunity to create a weekly meal plan full of Mexican inspired main courses. These meals are fun and easy, and it’s usually no problem to get kids on board with things like Taco Tuesday! I hope you enjoy a week filled with cumin, cilantro, and happy faces around your dinner table.
THE MENU INCLUDES
- A variety of Mexican inspired main courses can be made quickly, most of which you can have on the table within an hour of when you get home from a busy day at work.
- Yummy dessert ideas that can be made ahead for easy after dinner treats or lunch box snacks.
MEAL PLANNING SUCCESS
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually, it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following.
- Make sure you have all the groceries! It is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan full of Mexican inspired meals. These are sure to get you and your family through the week well-fed and stress-free.
This Mexican Bowl Recipe is a fun, delicious, and healthy dinner idea. Serve your family’s favourite taco fillings buffet style so everyone can create their own bowl! Finish with these Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies for a delicious dessert.
Main Dish: Mexican Bowl Recipe
Dessert: Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
This Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole is ready in one hour! Serve with fresh salsa, slices of avocado, and tortilla chips for dipping. This Strawberry Cream Tart makes a delicious after dinner treat.
Main Dish: Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Dessert: Strawberry Cream Tart
Happy Cinco de Mayo! To celebrate, serve a grilled flank steak marinated in this Chimichurri Steak Marinade. Pair it with this quick, easy, and healthy Corn and Bean Salad. Keep the celebration going with these decadent Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches for dessert!
Main Dish: Chimichurri Steak Marinade
Side Dish: Corn and Bean Salad
Enjoy your end of the week with this Cheesy Baked Mexican Chicken Dip! Serve with taco chips for dipping, and these Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites on the side. This Pudding in a Pan (you may know it by a different name) is a wonderful way to finish this meal.
Main Dish: Cheesy Baked Mexican Chicken Dip
Side Dish: Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Dessert: Pudding in a Pan
There you have it! Five easy Mexican inspired recipes for the week of Cinco de Mayo. Let me know @aprettylife which was your favourite!
Have a delicious day!