Weekly Meal Plan: Seafood
For this week’s meal plan, I’ve collected five light and healthy seafood dishes. All of them can be on your table in about an hour after a busy day!
This week’s meal plan provides easy ways to satisfy your fish cravings without all the hard work. No need to dine out or get all dressed up to get your regular seafood fix! You can thank me later! If you’re looking to incorporate healthy and delicious meals into your family’s diet, or you simply want to impress everyone at the table with an easily prepared yet ‘fancy’ dinner, this week’s meal plan is a good place to start!
THE MENU INCLUDES
- A variety of seafood based main courses, most of which you can have on the table within an hour of when you get home from a busy day at work.
- Yummy dessert ideas that can be made ahead for easy after-dinner treats or lunch box snacks.
MEAL PLANNING SUCCESS
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually, it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following.
- Make sure you have all the groceries! It is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success.
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan full of seafood recipes. These are sure to get you and your family through the week well-fed and stress-free.
This delicious and comforting Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is a simple and quick-to-assemble dinner idea that the whole family will love. It takes less than 45 minutes to get on the table and it is an easy way to fill tummies with a healthy and balanced meal. Round it off with this Classic Apple Crisp as an after-dinner treat.
Main Dish: Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
Dessert: Classic Apple Crisp
Dive into a sea of flavours with this amazing Grilled Coconut Lime Shrimp with Prosciutto and Mango. Pair it with this healthy and delicious Avocado, Tomato, Kale & Onion Salad loaded with fresh ingredients and bursting with freshness. Finish it off with this scrumptious Grilled Pineapple with Cinnamon Coconut Sugar for dessert.
Main Dish: Grilled Coconut Lime Shrimp with Prosciutto and Mango
Side Dish: Avocado, Tomato Kale & Onion Salad
After only one bite I’m sure you’ll add this seafood recipe to your weekly dinner rotation. Bookmark it now: Fish en Papillote! It’s mess-free and pretty (yes, pretty) and the best part is you can customize it to suit your taste. Pair it with Fresh Tomato and Mango Salsa as a great side dish, along with a refreshing Chilled Noodle Salad with Ginger Wasabi Dressing to get your veggies in. These sweet Forest Ranger Cookies make an excellent dessert and a great snack for lunch boxes.
Main Dish: Fish en Papillote
Side Dish: Fresh Tomato and Mango Salsa
Salad: Chilled Noodle Salad with Ginger Wasabi Dressing
Dessert: Forest Ranger Cookies
Salmon is one of the easiest meats to get onto the dinner table. Today’s Macadamia Nut & Maple Roasted Salmon recipe is a delicious way to serve it (and one of my family’s MOST favourite dishes). Pair it with this yummy Warm Potato Salad. Finish up your meal with these Maple Cream Tarts as an after-dinner treat.
Main Dish: Macadamia Nut & Maple Roasted Salmon
Side Dish: Warm Potato Salad
Dessert: Maple Cream Tarts
Yay, It’s Friday!! If you’re looking for a dish to set the mood for the weekend, then this Coconut Curry Halibut Chowder is your go-to dish. This spicy soup with chunks of halibut is perfect for a holiday weekend or for dinner parties. Round it off with these Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies for a sweet treat.
Main Dish: Coconut Curry Halibut Chowder
Dessert: Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies
There you have it: a meal plan with five seafood inspired easy meal ideas, full of healthy delicious food that the whole family will love. If you try any of these recipes I’d love to know! Tag me @aprettylife. Happy cooking everyone!
Have a delicious day!