This Warm Potato Salad is SO delicious. Made with roasted baby potatoes, and tossed with homemade bacon bits and a creamy dressing. Served warm and just so tasty.
If you’re looking for a potato salad that’s easy, delicious and a little different than a classic potato salad, then you’re in the right place! This Warm Potato Salad is SO good. Loaded with roasted baby potatoes, bacon bits, cooked onions, dill pickles…all tossed in a creamy mayo dressing. A flavourful and tasty side dish.
A Salad You Never Knew You Needed.
Once you try this Warm Potato Salad, you’ll wonder how you went so long without it! What makes it so good you ask? It’s all about roasting the potatoes first. Roasting the potatoes makes them more flavourful and tasty…and warm. No fuss or need to boil! The warm potatoes are perfection with the creamy dressing. Bacon-y, creamy, warm and just delicious.
Perfect for Picnics, Potlucks and Barbecues!
This Warm Potato Salad is a perfect dish for summer dinners, picnics, potlucks and backyard barbecues. I also love that I can serve it for dinner, then enjoy the leftovers for lunch the next day or two.
What to serve with Warm Potato Salad
This potato salad is delicious served alongside any barbecued meat like steak, ribs and chicken. And if you’re looking for a full meal idea, how about Warm Potato Salad with Roasted Chicken, Sauteed Green Beans and Classic Apple Crisp for dessert! Want to come over for dinner? 😉
Tips & Tricks
- Potatoes: I prefer baby potatoes for this salad, but you can also use any variety of potato (red potatoes are particularly good), you just have to cut them into chunks before roasting.
- Sour Cream: You can also use plain Greek yogurt.
- Pickles: If you don’t like dill pickles, you can easily leave them out.
- Onions: You can use red onions or sweet onions. And for the green onion, you can substitute chives!
- Options: Feel free to add different ingredients to this salad. Chopped boiled eggs are a delicious addition.
- Garnish Options: If you want to garnish your salad before serving, toss on some chopped fresh dill, or parsley. Extra chives or green onion looks nice too.
- Make Ahead: You can definitely make this salad ahead of time. Just keep in mind that it won’t be warm, but it is delicious cold as well.
- Serving: If you want a warm potato salad, then it is best served right away.
- What to do with leftovers. Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Here’s the recipe…trust me, you’re going to want to try it! It tastes so good.Print
PIN IT for later!
Have a delicious day!