This Warm Potato Salad is SO delicious. Made with roasted baby potatoes, and tossed with homemade bacon bits and a creamy dressing. Served warm and just so tasty.
A salad you ask? But summer is over. Nah. Salads are fun all year round! Ok, maybe not fun, but yummy no? Especially warm potato salad. I honestly could eat this dish once a week…serve it up alongside a roasted chicken and you’re golden. It’s roasting the potatoes first that makes this salad so good…or maybe it’s the cooked onions (yum), oh I love the pickles too…don’t forget the bacon! Drooling yet?
I first had this delectable salad while over for dinner at my friend Lori’s house (Hi Lori!), and I seriously couldn’t stop eating it. It’s so good. Bacon-y, creamy, warm and just delicious. And because it’s warm it’s great served as a side dish, because let’s just be honest…potato salads…are they really even a salad? I mean really? They’re more of a side dish than a salad right?
Anyway here’s the recipe…trust me, you’re going to want to try it! So good.
Warm Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs potatoes quartered (I use baby potatoes and cut them in half))
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles pickles cut into quarters
- 3 green onions sliced
- 4 - 6 pieces of cooked and crumbled bacon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the potatoes in the olive oil and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked and golden in colour.
- In the mean time, in a frying pan cook the chopped onion in 2 tsp butter, until soft and golden. Set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing: sour cream, mustard, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are done cooking and still warm, stir in the onions, pickles, green onions, bacon and dressing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
And because meal planning can be a bit of a challenge, here’s a full menu idea for you: Roasted Chicken, this Warm Potato Salad, Sauteed Green Beans and Classic Apple Crisp for dessert! Want to come over for dinner? 😉
Today is September 11 and it wouldn’t feel right to not acknowledging the importance of this day. My heart is heavy and with everyone today as we remember. xoxo