If you’re looking for a party perfect appetizer, these Maple Bacon Wrapped Smokies are it! These popular little bites of deliciousness are always a crowd favourite.
Who can resist a juicy baked little smokie, wrapped up in maple caramelized bacon?! This simple appetizer is always a party favourite. Ready and on the party table in less than 30 minutes…but you can also make these ahead of time, and even freeze them. Is there a more perfect appetizer?
EASE: Assemble in just minutes.
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Just 4 ingredients.
MAKES A BIG BATCH: Perfect for sharing!
Simple Ingredients, Easy to Make
Do we need better reasons than that to make these bacon wrapped smokies?! Made with 4 simple ingredients: bacon, mini smokies, maple syrup and brown sugar. That’s it. And it takes just seconds to make each one…you can have a batch ready to go in no time.
A Party Perfect Appetizer.
These Maple Bacon Wrapped Smokies are always a hit at parties, whether it be holiday parties, dinner parties or game day (Super Bowl party anyone?!). I love that you can make a batch or 2 with ease, so you have loads to offer guests. They’re just so easy and delicious.
How to serve this appetizer:
There are a couple of ways to serve these smokies: you can make them immediately before your guests arrive and serve them on a platter, or you can make them ahead of time and keep them warm in a crockpot on low, or in a covered baking dish in the oven on low (250 degrees F), until you’re ready to serve them.
These maple bacon wrapped smokies are fantastic for parties…trust me, they will be the first to disappear from the food table! When I make these for parties, I bake them about 1/2 hour before everyone arrives, then I transfer them to a crockpot and keep them warm (on the low setting) until serving time.
Maple Bacon Wrapped Smokies Recipe Tips
- Smokies: Use a 500 gram package with approximately 24 mini smokies. You can also use cocktail wieners.
- Bacon: You can use regular bacon or maple bacon. It doesn’t have to be the best bacon.
- Maple Syrup: Use real maple syrup, not pancake syrup.
- Make sure to line the baking pan. This makes clean up easy. You can use parchment paper or foil.
- A note about toothpicks: I know so many other recipes like this have you use toothpicks to hold the bacon and smokies together, but I don’t find them necessary. They hold pretty well together during baking without them.
- Make Ahead Tip! You can make these the morning or night before you want to serve them. Just assemble and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them.
- Can I freeze these? Yes! BUT you have to freeze the bacon wrapped smokies before you bake them. Wrap each smokie in bacon, then freeze (put them in an airtight container or bag). When you’re ready to make them, proceed with the baking instructions below, adding 5 minutes to baking time.
- Dips? I like to serve these as is, but if you want to offer some dips or sauces, bbq sauce is a tasty option.
How to Make Maple Bacon Wrapped Smokies:
Here is a quick visual of what the mini smokies should look like before they go in the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then make sure the mini smokies are wrapped tightly with bacon. Drizzle each bacon wrapped smokie with maple syrup, then sprinkle on some brown sugar. Bake, and enjoy!
I hope you love these bacon wrapped little smokies as much as we do!Print
More Holiday Appetizers!
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!