Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies
These Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies are rich, peanut buttery and SO delicious! They won’t last long! Makes a big batch.
One afternoon a long long time ago…ok it was last week…I was dreaming of peanut butter. That happens to me. 😉 I have a deep love of anything peanut butter, and sometimes it’s all I can think about. So when that craving hits, these Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies definitely do the trick.
Perfect for peanut butter cravings.
This craving wasn’t just about dipping a spoon into a jar, no it was much more than that. I needed buttery, soft and chewy. So I made Peanut Butter Blondies. And they were exactly what I needed.
About these Peanut Butter Blondies:
So what exactly are blondies? Well they’re the opposite of brownies because they have no chocolate. And because these have peanut butter added, they’re Peanut Butter Blondies. And they’re chewy, soft and rich…with a buttery texture, peanut buttery and SO delicious. Warning…you will need a glass of milk to go with them. Oh, and you might not be able to stop at just one square.
Makes a big batch!
This recipe makes a big batch (it’s baked in a 9 x 13 pan), and because they’re so rich, you might want to cut them into 1 inch squares which will give you about 30 blondies.
Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe Tips:
- Peanut Butter: Use creamy peanut butter. Crunchy would also work. I’ve just never made them with natural peanut butter so I’m not sure if that would work. I’m also not sure how any other nut butter would work…if you try one, let me know how it goes!
- Add-Ins: Feel free to fold in about 1 cup of peanut butter chips or chocolate chips (milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips).
- To Frost or Not to Frost? I’m a blondie and brownie purist and I don’t really like frosting on them. But if you do, here are some delicious recipes for Peanut Butter Frosting and Chocolate Frosting.
- Storage: Store these blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for about 4 days. They will dry out if left out too long.
- Freezing: These blondies freeze well. Keep in an airtight container or plastic freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies
These Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies are rich, peanut buttery and SO delicious! They won’t last long!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 24 – 30 blondies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan by lightly greasing with butter or lining it with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, mix until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mix and combine, don’t over mix.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until the centre doesn’t jiggle, and the edges are brown.
- Wait for at least 15 minutes (30 is better) before cutting into squares.
Keywords: peanut butter blondies
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes
Cakes, cookies, desserts, cheesecake, dips, pancakes and more!
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!