en papillote: in parchment, a method of cooking in which the food is put into a folded pouch or parcel and baked. This fish en papillote is just that simple, fish wrapped and cooked in parchment. SO easy and so delicious.
If you’re looking for a simple, delicious and different way to bake and serve fish, this fish en papillote recipe is it! Inside the parchment package the fish steams in its own juices and the seasonings you add to each package, resulting in the most flavourful fish. Quick, fresh and so tasty.
An easy, foolproof way to bake fish.
Wrapping fish in parchment paper for baking is such a great way to to cook fish. Parchment paper is simple, basically mess free, and the fish is steamed to perfection! No messy frying pans, less fishy smell, and unlike tin foil or frying pans, the fish doesn’t seem to stick to parchment paper. And also, what a pretty way to serve fish. Especially if you make individual packages for everyone.
Keep it simple, or not.
We love the simple and fresh taste of fish baked with simple seasoning and lemon. The flavour of the fish comes through because it’s not overpowered by too much spice, yet the lemon and butter flavours come out just perfectly. But there are many flavour options, see below in my tips for ideas.
Fish en papillote Recipe Tips:
- FISH: This method is great for all different kinds of fish: cod, halibut, salmon, tilapia, tuna, red snapper and even shrimp.
- CITRUS: You can use lemons, Meyer lemons, limes or oranges.
- VARIATIONS: The nice thing about this recipe is that you can tailor it to your tastes, but the cooking method remains the same. Here are some ideas:
- Salt, pepper and lemon
- Tomatoes, onions and fresh basil
- Dill, lemon and butter
- White wine, butter and lemon
- Lemon, garlic and thyme
- Wrapping the fish: You can fold each piece of fish in its own package, or a couple of pieces per package. To wrap the fish fold the parchment paper up and around the pieces of fish, rolling the ends to seal.
Serve with steamed rice, a green veggie and fresh salsa. We love fish with my Fresh Tomato + Mango Salsa.
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!