This recipe for Homemade Fettuccine Noodles with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce is a simple and delicious dish that everyone will love! Toss in some shrimp and this dish looks fancy enough that you can serve it up for special occasions. Ready in less than 1 hour.
Disclosure: I am working with Philips and I am excited to share Philips products and delicious recipes I have made with them! I have been compensated, but as always, all pictures, views and opinions are my own.
Homemade fresh pasta has been on my list of things to make for as long as I can remember, but I’ve always just been too intimidated to try. So, when I was asked to try out the Philips Viva Pasta Maker this was my chance to finally make homemade noodles. I love homemade food. And now that I can make homemade pasta right at home, this is going to be a new comfort dinner ritual in my home.
What I really like and appreciate about this pasta maker, is how easy it is to use. The set-up is quick, the ingredients required are simple, and the actual process of making the pasta after the initial set up, is as simple as pressing a button. Then in just 18 minutes, the Philips Viva Pasta Maker automatically mixes, kneads and extrudes one pound of fresh homemade pasta or noodles!
In just minutes you can make classic homemade spaghetti, fettuccine or penne noodles, and with many different ingredient options if you wish. There are recipes for basic Wheat Pasta with or without egg, Durum Pasta, Whole Wheat Pasta, Spelt Pasta, Ramen noodles. And if you want to get really creative and take nutrition up a notch, there are also recipes for flavoured pastas such as Carrot Pasta, Beet Pasta, Spinach Pasta, Herb Pasta and so many more. Seriously so many options.
The first recipe that I wanted to try with this pasta maker was a Creamy Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce with Shrimp, to serve over classic homemade fettuccine noodles. This is my most favourite pasta sauce of all time…in fact this is what I’m asking for, for dinner on Mother’s Day!
For this dish I made a Wheat Pasta with egg, using all-purpose flour, and it turned out beautifully. I wanted to use all-purpose flour specifically because I know it is the flour that people will most likely have in their pantry. And I like the idea of being able to create recipes with ingredients we already have on hand. I do think next time I will make the pasta using Durum semolina though. It is a recommended flour because it contains more protein which improves pasta consistency. My noodles made with all purpose flour were great but I’m curious how the texture will change with the Durum flour.
I was really impressed with the fettuccine noodles the Philips Viva Pasta Maker made. Look how fantastic those noodles are! And smothered in all my favourite flavours…best dinner ever.
This recipe for Homemade Fettuccine Noodles with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce and Shrimp is so delicious. And can be on your table in less than 1 hour, including the time it takes to make the homemade noodles. SO good. Fresh. Homemade. Real Food.Print
More Delicious Pasta Recipes:
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta
- 3 Cheese Stovetop Macaroni
- Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Pasta Bake
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
What I love about the Philips Viva Pasta Maker:
- It makes delicious and classic homemade spaghetti, fettuccine and penne noodles! Homemade pasta is the best.
- It is easy to use. There is nothing complicated about this pasta maker. It’s very straightforward to use.
- You can have homemade noodles in 18 minutes!
- The set up is very easy. In just a couple of minutes you can be ready to make your favourite pasta!
- The clean up is also really simple. There aren’t many parts to clean, and all parts come out of the maker really easily, so it’s easy to wash.
- The maker is small so it fits perfectly on kitchen counters and in cupboards without occupying a lot of space.
- It also has smart built-in storage for the power cord and pasta shaping discs, so everything tucks away nicely. No appliance pieces will get lost in your cupboards!
- All the tools you need for measuring come with this maker. And you must use them, as they are designed for ingredient measurement specific to this maker.
- The pasta maker comes with a recipe book, so you don’t have to feel intimidated by making pasta!
Tips & Tricks
- For success, make sure to read the User Manual! It has a lot of great information.
- It is recommended to use Durum semolina flour. It is a recommended flour because it contains more protein which improves pasta consistency.
- Make sure to accurately measure the flour and the fluid. In fact, it is recommended to use a kitchen scale for measuring, but you don’t have to. I used the measuring cups that came with the pasta maker, and they worked great. Again please note, make sure you use the measuring cups provided, as they are not standard cup sizes, so if you use a 1 cup measure from your own kitchen, the ratio will be off.
Where to Purchase the Philips Viva Pasta Maker:
Have a delicious day!