This Peach Caprese Salad is loaded with fresh summer peaches, plums, tomatoes, beets, basil, bocconcini and balsamic dressing! Fresh, bright and flavourful!
If you’re looking for a new salad to add to your dinner rotation, this Peach Caprese Salad is it. This recipe is a fresh and delicious twist to a classic!
Perfect for summer’s bounty!
This recipe was inspired by all the fresh fruit and vegetables that are filling my fridge and counters this time of year! Ripe summer peaches and plums, sun ripened tomatoes, sweet beets, and fresh basil…all the makings of the most delicious salad! Then tossed with bocconcini cheese and a tangy balsamic vinaigrette, these flavours work beautifully together.
Perfect for any occasion!
This salad can be served as an appetizer or light lunch with slices of crusty bread. It’s also wonderful as a side dish with dinner. Or double the recipe and make it a party dish! You can serve this salad a couple of different ways: mix all of the ingredients together in a large serving bowl, or lay everything out on a pretty serving platter. It’s so versatile.
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as we do!
Peach Caprese Salad Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Peaches: Use fresh, ripe sweet peaches. Freestone peaches are easiest to use (clingstone are harder to remove from the pit).
- Tomatoes: I like to use small tomatoes that I can cut into quarters or wedges. You can also use grape or cherry tomatoes. Heirloom tomatoes would be lovely too!
- Plums: Use fresh small plums (any variety is great).
- Cooked Beets: To make these, cut fresh beets into 1 inch chunks and boil for about 15-20 minutes (until tender). This recipe is perfect for leftover cooked beets from dinner the night before.
- Bocconcini: I use and cut up an entire 190 g ball of fresh mozzarella cheese. You can also use burrata cheese.
- Basil: Only fresh basil for this salad!
- Balsamic Dressing: You can make a simple balsamic vinaigrette (I gave the recipe below). But you can also use a pre-made/store-bought balsamic glaze reduction.
- Additional Flavour Options: This salad is so versatile! Feel free to toss in some fresh arugula or spinach. Mix in slices of prosciutto…so many delicious variations!
- Leftovers: Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Can I make this ahead? Yes! But I would combine everything EXCEPT the basil and cheese which I would add right before serving for the best presentation.
PIN IT to make later!
More Caprese Recipes
Have a delicious day!