This delicious Jewish Shortbread Cookie Pie is a perfect recipe for the holiday season! Soft nutty flavour with a sweet and cinnamon-y topping!
– – – – – – –
Today I have something really fun happening! I’ve come together with a group of food bloggers to each share a delicious holiday cookie recipe with you! So welcome to this very special Canadian Cookie Collaboration between the Canadian Food Creatives and the Canadian Christmas Cookie Exchange! I hope you can find some delicious recipes for your holiday season!
For this cookie exchange I decided to share my recipe for Jewish Shortbread, but with a twist! I made a cookie pie using the fantastic Nordic Ware Sweet Snowflakes Baking Pan! I try to make Jewish shortbread every year because it’s one of my favourite Christmas cookies…you could always find this classic crescent shaped cookie on Grandma’s cookie plate…I always loved that they were covered in cinnamon sugar!
But instead of making individual crescent shaped cookies, I decided to make this cookie pie with Grandma’s recipe for Jewish Shortbread. To make this cookie pie, I just pressed the cookie dough into this special shallow pan, then baked it for about 45 minutes. I thought preparing it this way would be a nice twist on Grandma’s classic recipe, and it was!
I’m really happy with how this cookie pie turned out! I love the soft nutty flavour of the ground pecans, with the sweetness of the cinnamon sugar mix on the top. Classic Christmas cookie flavour! These cookies are rich and delicious, and you might want to cut them into smaller pieces…or not.
And how pretty does it look out of this pan? So lovely.
I really liked using this pan for cookie baking and I plan on making a classic shortbread cookie pie with it. I think next time I would make sure to press the dough a little harder into the pan for better snowflake definition. Anyway, it was delicious!
– – – – – – – –
Now let’s visit some fantastic Canadian Bloggers for more holiday cookie recipes:
- Austrian Husarenkrapferl Cookies by Evelyne at CulturEatz
- Candy Cane Kissed Chocolate Chip Cookies by Fareen at Food Mamma
- Chocolate Candy Cane Biscotti by Amanda at Peppers & Pennies
- Christmas Piñata Cookies by Karin at The Kitchen Divas
- Coconut shortbread Sandwiches by Taylor at The Girl on Bloor
- Crispy Spicy Almond Roccoco Italian Cookie Recipe by Maria at She Loves Biscotti
- Double Chocolate Mint Cookies by Diana at 365 Days of Easy Recipes
- Eggnog Madeleines by Samantha at My Kitchen Love
- Eisenbahner (Railroad) Cookies by Vicky at Tiny Sweet Tooth
- Gluten Free Thumprint cookies by Jenn at One Heart One Family
- Jewish Shortbread Cookie Pie by Jo-Anna at A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
- Nanny’s Molasses Cookies by Laura at Bluenose Baker
- Peppermint Macarons by Cristina at I Say Nomato
- Sablés Bretons with Chocolate Caramel Beurre Salé by Hilary at Cocoa Bean, the Vegetable
- Stained Glass Gingerbread Cookies by Megan at Food & Whine
- Stuffed Double Chocolate Turtle Cookies by Cassie at Crumb Kitchen
- Thumbprint Caramel Shortbread Cookies by Kacey at The Cookie Writer
- Toasted Flour Sablés by Kimberlie at The Finer Cookie
- Triple Chocolate Pistachio Cookies by Marie at Food Nouveau
- Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Ginger Crisps by Melanie at The Refreshanista
Have a very Merry and delicious day!
Post Shopping Details:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting A Pretty Life Blog! xo