Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Italian Sausage is the perfect recipe for busy nights! This flavourful and delicious meal can be on your table in about 30 minutes!
If you’re looking for a really delicious and quick dinner to feed your family, this Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Italian Sausages is a great option! Made with simple ingredients, this meal comes together easily.
Sheet Pan Dinners are so versatile!
The beauty of sheet pan dinners is how versatile they are. There are no real set rules other than to make sure the ingredients lie in one layer so everything cooks evenly. So as long as that is happening, feel free to play with the ingredients.
Full of flavour!
This sheet pan is loaded with potato gnocchi, crumbled Italian sausage, peppers, onions and tomatoes, then it’s finished off with mini bocconcini cheese. Then, once this sheet pan is done baking, make sure to generously sprinkle it with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil. SO SO GOOD.
This sheet pan is delicious served as is, on it’s own! But if you want you can offer some of your favourite pasta sauce, served on the side like a warm dip. Kids love this, especially the ones that are used to dipping sausages and everything else into ketchup…I *may* have two boys of my own like this haha
- Gnocchi: For this recipe I use classic potato gnocchi. My favourite to use is the Classic Skillet Gnocchi (these ones here). We also really like Cheese Filled Gnocchi…both are made by Olivieri. This recipe calls for a 700 g package, but you can certainly add more (up to a pound).
- Peppers: I used mini sweet pepper for this sheet pan, and cut them into fairly large chunks. You can also use bell peppers.
- Onions: I like to use red/purple onions for this sheet pan because they add nice colour and texture, but feel free to use white onions as well.
- Italian Sausage: I used 4 of our favourite Italian sausages in this recipe (Spolumbos sausage), and just removed the casings to make crumbled sausage (crumbled sausage without the casings is much better in this recipe than just sliced sausages…the texture is nicer). Also, if you have ground Italian sausage, use 1 lb. You can use hot or sweet Italian sausage. If you can, use the most lean Italian sausage you can find.
- Bocconcini Cheese: The mini bocconcini cheese is added after the sheet pan has roasted for 25 minutes. After this time, add the cheese and bake for about 3 – 5 more minutes. You want the cheese to melt but not disappear into the rest of the ingredients.
- Serving Options: As I mentioned above, this sheet pan is delicious served as is, but if you want you can offer some of your favourite pasta sauce, served on the side like a warm dip.
More Delicious Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes:
- 25 Minute Sausage and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
- Hawaiian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Maple Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
- Fajita Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Turkey Dinner
Don’t forget to PIN IT to make this recipe later!
Have a delicious day!