Well can you believe Christmas is over? Every year I’m shocked at how fast this season flies by…all the excitement, hard work and anticipation all gone in the blink of an eye! We had the nicest Christmas this year and am really sad to see it go, but at the same time I’m immensely relieved. I’m looking forward to getting my home all back in order and cleaned and organized! I have so many home DIY projects that I can’t wait to get started on and share with you!
But first we have New Years Eve to look forward to! What are your plans? Do you like to party or stay in? This year I think we’re having a low key gathering just with our family, so we’ll eat and watch the countdown with the kids then go to bed. I’m actually really looking forward to a quiet but nice evening!
But there will be food. Oh yes…can’t have New Years Eve celebrations without food, but I’ll keep it simple! Simple and delicious just like these Prosciutto Caprese Bites. We enjoyed these so much at Christmas, so I wanted to share them with you as an idea for a New Years Eve appetizer…you may recognize these from my Instagram feed…
And let me tell you, these are so delicious they’ll be gone before you know it!
Just a simple and fresh appetizer that you can have ready in only a few minutes.Print
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 – 4 oz package of Prosciutto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups mini bocconcini cheese balls
- balsamic vinegar
- ground black pepper
- Cut the strips of prosciutto in half, so the pieces are about 3 inches long, then roll it up and skewer it with a toothpick.
- Then wrap a piece of fresh basil around a mini bocconcini ball, and push it on to the toothpick.
- Then add a grape tomato to the toothpick.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, add some ground black pepper and enjoy!
Have a delicious day!