Hi friends! It’s that lull between Christmas and New Years that I love. It’s the relief that Christmas is over (which is sad too) and the promise of a fresh start with a new year. I always feel inspired at this time. But I don’t want to forget the Christmas we had either, so I wanted to share 10 things that I loved about our Christmas this year. I completely stole this idea from my Mom, who put together her post a couple of days ago.
Also, this is the start of some new blog goals that I have this year, with one of them being to make my blog more like a journal…still with great recipes and crafts, but with more of me in it…but more on that later when I talk about my word of the year….
Anyway, here’s a glimpse into our Christmas…and it was a fantastic one…probably one of my favourites. Love.
First, our trip started off with a 4 hour drive to my parents. And as you can see we were packed to rafters. It was a squishy ride.
Once we got there I immediately felt relaxed. For the first time in months honestly. I almost completely unplugged and it felt wonderful! I even had a little nap…that’s a miracle for me.
With the kids being a little older, Christmas felt more relaxed, which also meant more quality time with them. They’re growing up so fast. Sniff. I love this pic of my daughter and I in the snow.
Speaking of snow. There was SO. MUCH. SNOW. and it made for a fantastic winter playground! We snowshoed, cross-country skied, tobogganed…it was fantastic!
See how much snow there was! There is easily 1 1/2 feet of snow on this tree stump!
The lake has such a beauty about it this time of year too. I love it here.
And of course we enjoyed treats. SO much good food…I come from a family of great cooks and bakers…yum!
Did I mention the snow?! Look at that snow hut my husband built!! Awesome.
– – – – – – – – –
Anyway, here are 10 Things About Our Christmas That I Loved (and in no particular order):
- The snow. It was a classic Canadian Christmas. Rosy cheeks and lots of outdoor play.
- Real wood burning fires in the fireplace.
- Family. Grandmas & Grandpas that adore their grandkids. My sister, nephews and fantastic family friends (wink wink G). Brothers, and my cutie pie niece.
- My husband who payed very good attention to my Christmas list. Love him. 🙂
- Games. Lots and lots of card games.
- Food. And lots of it.
- Genuinely happy kids. With smiles on their faces almost the whole time we were there.
- Christmas music. I just love it.
- Rediscovering my love of winters spent outdoors.
- Unplugging and feeling relaxed.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas too! What was you favourite part?