These Sweet and Sour Meatballs are a family favourite! Easy to make and are delicious served over rice.
Today I’m sharing a family favourite recipe…Sweet and Sour Meatballs. When I make this for dinner the kids run to the table! Delicious with rice and a green vegetable.
A Classic Dinner Recipe
This is a great recipe to add to your meal planning. It’s simple to make and I haven’t met a person yet that doesn’t love it! In fact this recipe has stood the test of time…it appeared on my dinner table when I was a kid too!
Made with simple ingredients right from the pantry.
Nothing fancy here, just simple ingredients. The sweet sauce is made with vinegar and ketchup to give it the perfect sour zing to go with the sweetness of the sugar. We like ours extra saucy so I double the sauce.
- Meatballs: You can make your own meatballs from scratch, or feel free to use premade frozen meatballs. Just heat the frozen meatballs in the oven (without sauce) for about 15 minutes, before adding sauce.
- Sauce: If you like your meatballs really saucy, I would recommend doubling the sauce. If I double the recipe sometimes I will use only 3/4 cup of sugar (instead of the 1 cup when doubled).
- Optional addition: Sometimes if I have pureed pumpkin or yam I will add 1/4 – 1/2 cup to the sauce. No one will even notice it’s in there! Trust me.
- Doubling the recipe: This recipe is easily doubled.
- Meal Idea: Serve over rice and with a green veggie.