This Creamed Turkey on Toast Recipe is a great way to create a new and delicious meal with your holiday leftovers!
Is there anything more comforting than creamed turkey served over a thick slice of warm toast? Delicious and creamy and the perfect way to use up leftover holiday turkey!
A classic and delicious recipe!
Growing up we had creamed turkey after almost every Thanksgiving and Christmas turkey dinner…it was a staple for our turkey leftovers and I loved it. I haven’t made it for my own family in years and I think it’s probably because I never buy turkeys big enough to have leftovers, but this year I’ve changed that. I LOVE turkey leftovers and all the dinner possibilities they bring, so I’ve upped my turkey game and go for the big bird (20 lbs). Which for this year meant turkey dinner leftovers the next day, then I made stock, and with that stock I made Turkey Rice Soup, then I made these warm and cheesy sliders, then I made this Creamed Turkey. So so good. Winnerwinnerturkeydinner.
I hope you love this classic recipe as much as we do!
- Add Gravy: If you have leftover gravy from your turkey dinner, add a 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of it to the sauce. It adds SO much flavour and is SO good.
- Vegetables: If you’ve got carrots, peas or beans leftover from your turkey dinner, add those.
- Turkey: I like to used cubed turkey in this recipe, but you can shred the turkey as well.
- Substitution: You can also substitute the turkey with chicken.
- Bread: We love this served over buttered toast, but it’s also delicious served over noodles. And if you have leftover buns from dinner, use those!
More Delicious Turkey Leftover Recipe Ideas:
- Classic Turkey Sandwich
- Stock (this recipe is for chicken, but can be used for turkey too)
- Turkey and Rice Soup
- Baked Turkey Cheddar Ranch Pull-Apart Sliders
- Classic Turkey Pot Pie
- Turkey Pot Pie with a Stuffing Top
Have a delicious day!