This Quick Shrimp Cocktail Sauce is a delicious homemade condiment! Have it ready to serve with cooked shrimp in just minutes. Better than store bought.
If you’ve ever run out of shrimp cocktail sauce at the most annoying times, or you just want to make a homemade version, then this Quick Shrimp Cocktail Sauce recipe is for you. So easy. So flavourful. And classic.
Better than store bought.
No, it really is…for a couple of reasons. One, homemade shrimp cocktail sauce just tastes so much more flavourful than store bought (and you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry already). Two, the little pre-made cups that come with cocktail shrimp just never seem big enough…so if you run out, you can whip up this dipping sauce in just minutes.
So delicious with cooked shrimp!
This cocktail sauce is so so good served with a platter of cold, cooked shrimp as an appetizer. Honestly, this is my favourite way to enjoy shrimp.
Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Recipe Tips
- Horseradish Sauce: You can use either creamed horseradish or prepared horseradish.
- How hot do you like it? If you like a really spicy/hot cocktail sauce, you can adjust the amount of horseradish you add. This sauce as is, has pretty good heat to it, so add more if you want it really hot, or less if you don’t…adjust to your taste. You could also add a dash of your favourite hot sauce for an extra kick of heat!
- Double the recipe! This recipe is easily doubled if you need more for a party!
- Storage: This sauce keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Store in an airtight container.
- Shrimp: Serve with cooked shrimp and fresh lemon wedges.
Ways to use Cocktail Sauce
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes
PIN IT to make later!
I hope you enjoy this homemade cocktail sauce recipe as much as we do! Have a delicious day!