Classic Shirley Temples are a delicious mocktail (non-alcoholic drink) that the whole family can enjoy! They are perfect for any special occasion.
A Family-Friendly Drink Recipe!
Shirley Temples are ingrained into my memory as special treat from my childhood. I remember when my family, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents would all get together in the summer my Grandma and Grandpa would make Shirley Temples for all of us kids. In my mind I can still see them standing at the counter mixing drink after drink as all of the cousins lined up to get theirs. I remember feeling so grown up to be enjoying this colourful and yummy drink, these were special. Now I make them for my kids and they enjoy them just as much as I did. When you’re a kid there is something so ‘fancy’ and fantastic about a Shirley Temple.
This recipe makes 1 drink, but is easily doubled (or more)!
Shirley Temples should be assembled one glass at a time, so the layering of the grenadine, orange juice and soda in the glass is done properly. If you try to make a large jug of this Shirley Temple recipe, you might not get the pretty layers. And really, they’re not hard to make so it’s no trouble. You can make these in ‘fancy’ glasses, or in Mason jars which I really like…everything looks better in a Mason jar right?! 😉 But honestly, if you want to make it a punch you can! Make as much as you want and add it to a self-serve punch bowl or pitcher.
Shirley Temple Drink Recipe Tips:
- Serving Size: This recipe makes 1 drink. Double it, triple it, quadruple it!
- Lemon-Lime Soda: You can use generic soda, 7-UP or Sprite or even ginger ale.
- Grenadine: You can find this in the drink aisle in the grocery store.
- Garnish: You can use fresh or Maraschino cherries, and make sure to leave the stems on, it looks nice! Orange slices or lime wedges make a pretty garnish too!
- Tip! If you want this drink to be a little more pink, add a splash of maraschino cherry juice.
- Make it a cocktail! Add 1 ounce of vodka to make this party drink a Dirty Shirley Temple!
- Variations: If you don’t have grenadine you can use raspberry or pomegranate syrup instead.
Classic Shirley Temples
Classic Shirley Temples are a delicious mocktail that the whole family can enjoy! They are perfect for any special occasion.
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Category: Drink
- 2 tbsp Grenadine syrup
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda (7-Up or Sprite)
- cherry for garnish (fresh or Maraschino cherries)
- ice cubes
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add the grenadine syrup, and pour in the orange juice and soda.
- Garnish with a cherry and enjoy!
Keywords: Shirley Temple
More delicious summer drinks to try:
I hope you enjoy this Classic Shirley Temple Drink! Have a delicious day!