A classic recipe for Blueberry Crumble. Juicy blueberries baked under an oatmeal cookie-like topping. Excellent for breakfast or dessert, and definitely with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious dessert recipe made with fresh or frozen blueberries, this Blueberry Crumble is it! Ready in less than 1 hour.
Perfect for ripe blueberries.
Don’t let that container of fresh blueberries sitting in your fridge go bad, make a crumble! Crisps and crumbles are a perfect way to use up ripe fruit like berries, that no one will eat. In fact, ripe fruit makes the best kinds of crumbles because it’s sweet, soft and more flavourful.
Is it dessert or is it breakfast?
Honestly, it’s perfect for either. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for dessert. Or serve warm with cream for breakfast. So good.
Blueberry Crumble Recipe Tips
- BLUEBERRIES: You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- BUTTER: I use salted butter. Sometimes I like to substitute the butter with melted coconut oil.
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS: You can add a tablespoon or two of chopped nuts, hemp hearts, wheat germ or oat bran to the crumble topping mixture before baking.
- Love Lemon? If you love blueberries with lemon, feel free to stir in a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a teaspoon or so of fresh lemon zest with the blueberries (before baking).
- BAKING DISH: Use any oven safe baking dish or pan (9-inch).
- SERVING SUGGESTION: This blueberry crumble can be served warm or cold. And with cream, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
- LEFTOVERS: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Putting this dish together:
I like to mix the blueberry mixture right in the oven safe dish that I’m using. Then add the crumble mixture to the top and bake!
Simple and delicious. I hope you love it.Print
Crisp + Crumble Recipes
Have a delicious day!