These White Chocolate Strawberry Scones are an easy and delicious treat. A tender biscuit with chunks of white chocolate and fresh strawberries. Perfect for sharing over a cup of tea!
Looking for a delicious, tender and sweet scone recipe to make with fresh strawberries? This recipe is just what you need! Oh, and did I mention they have chunks of white chocolate too? So good.
Life is busy? Why not bake? haha
Our warm summer-like weather has me feeling nostalgic which means I’m in the kitchen baking. I’ve got the windows and doors open, I can hear summer birds and the familiar sounds of summer waking up in the suburbs. I’m so happy that summer is upon us, but I especially can’t wait until the kids are out of school and we can all just chill out. Because we’re tired yo. T.I.R.E.D. May/June are hard months for the kids with all the after school sports and school work at its maximum, not to mention that they all could use a little break from a lot of their friends whether they realize it or not. And I’m exhausted from all the running around…I’ve been back and forth to Dr. and ortho appointments more times than I can count, the boys have rugby and soccer 4 times a week between the two of them, my daughter is in volleyball 2 times a week and then mix in there the fact that I’m training for a 5k race and oh ya, everyone still needs to have clean clothes and be fed multiple times a day. 😉 And there’s been gardening, painting and housekeeping. Whew. I’m grateful for our busy and healthy life, but I’m tired.
So what do I do to de-stress? I bake. Baking is a sure fire way to make me relax. It forces me to slow down…I turn off the TV, and immerse myself in mixing, kneading and baking. So that’s how these Strawberry and White Chocolate Scones came to be. I needed a quiet moment in all the chaos, and it worked. I got to relax and we all got a delicious afternoon treat from it.
An easy and delicious recipe!
These scones are quick and easy to make, and I just know you’ll love them…strawberries and white chocolate are a match made in foodie heaven. This recipe makes 12 medium sized scones that are perfect for snacking, with breakfast or brunch.
Strawberry Scones Recipe Tips:
- STRAWBERRIES: You can use fresh or frozen strawberries.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE: This recipe calls for white chocolate chips but you can also use chopped white chocolate baking squares or white chocolate bars.
- BLENDING THE PASTRY: You can use a pastry cutter (pastry blender) to cut the cold butter into the flour mixture. You can even use your hands or a food processor to do this part!
- STORAGE: Keep these scones in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If they get a little dry, just put them in the microwave on high for about 8 seconds and that will warm and soften them up.
- FREEZING: These strawberry scones freeze well. Keep in an airtight container or ziplock bag in your freezer for up to 3 months.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of strawberries you can use blueberries to make blueberry scones, or even raspberries.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Have a delicious day! xo