These Strawberry and White Chocolate Scones are an easy and delicious treat. Perfect for sharing over a cup of tea!
Our warm summer-like weather has me feeling nostalgic which means I’m in the kitchen baking. I’ve got the windows and doors open, I can hear summer birds and the familiar sounds of summer waking up in the suburbs. I’m so happy that summer is upon us, but I especially can’t wait until the kids are out of school and we can all just chill out. Because we’re tired yo. T.I.R.E.D. May/June are hard months for the kids with all the after school sports and school work at its maximum, not to mention that they all could use a little break from a lot of their friends whether they realize it or not. And I’m exhausted from all the running around…I’ve been back and forth to Dr. and ortho appointments more times than I can count, the boys have rugby and soccer 4 times a week between the two of them, my daughter is in volleyball 2 times a week and then mix in there the fact that I’m training for a 5k race and oh ya, everyone still needs to have clean clothes and be fed multiple times a day. 😉 And there’s been gardening, painting and housekeeping. Whew. I’m grateful for our busy and healthy life, but I’m tired.
So what do I do to de-stress? I bake. Baking is a sure fire way to make me relax. It forces me to slow down…I turn off the TV, and immerse myself in mixing, kneading and baking. So that’s how these Strawberry and White Chocolate Scones came to be. I needed a quiet moment in all the chaos, and it worked. I got to relax and we all got a delicious afternoon treat from it.
These scones are quick and easy to make, and I just know you’ll love them…strawberries and white chocolate are a match made in foodie heaven.
Strawberry and White Chocolate Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of cold butter cut into small chunks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup coarsely cut strawberries
- 1 tbsp flour
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until the butter is pea sized.
- Stir in the cream until the dough is moistened, but be careful not to over mix it or the biscuits will be tough.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, toss the cut strawberries in the 1 tbsp of flour, then gently mix the strawberries into the scone dough using your hands. Don't over mix or the berries will colour the batter.
- Lay a sheet of wax or parchment paper onto your counter.
- Press the dough into a ball and transfer it on to the paper and press it down into a rectangular disk. Then using a rolling pin, roll and flatten the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using knife cut the dough into triangles.
- Place the biscuits onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and bake for ~10-15 minutes. The scones are done when the bottom edges are slightly brown.
- When they are done baking, transfer the scones to a cooling rack.
– – – –
More Delicious Scone Recipes:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Thank you for reading, and have a delicious day! xo