Make this Classic Meatloaf Recipe for dinner and serve with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable. A hearty and delicious supper!
Meatloaf gets such a bad rap. It’s one of those things that you aren’t supposed to like for some reason, but we love meatloaf. Like my daughter says, it’s really just a big yummy meatball! Mmmmm…she’s so right! So if you’re looking for a tasty traditional meatloaf recipe, you’re in the right place!
A great weeknight meal!
Meatloaf is an easy meal for a weeknight because it’s quick to make, you can make it ahead of time, and it’s delicious! This easy meatloaf recipe is meaty, hearty and so delicious drenched in the sweet and sour sauce. Yum.
Homemade Meatloaf Recipe Tips:
- BEEF: Use lean ground beef. If you wish, you can use a mixture of ground meat (ground beef, ground pork, ground turkey).
- SAUCE: This recipe makes a lot of sweet and sour sauce. Use half to bake with the meatloaf (it’s almost like a glaze), and use the other half for serving.
- OATS: If you don’t want to use oats in this meatloaf, you can use bread crumbs instead. They both act as a binding agent.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: This meatloaf is great served with mashed potatoes and veggies such as green peas or green beans.
- LEFTOVERS: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Leftovers also make a great meatloaf sandwich!
- FREEZING: Yes you can freeze meatloaf! Make the meatloaf without the sweet and sour sauce and freeze it. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Make the sauce right before you wish to bake and serve.
Recipe from The Joy of Cooking
I hope you enjoy this, we really think it’s the best meatloaf recipe! Have a delicious day!