A rich and delicious recipe for Baked Beans with Ground Beef. Full of beans, ground beef, veggies and flavours of maple syrup, molasses and bacon. So good.
If you’re looking for the best baked beans recipe, then look no further! This is a tried-and-true recipe that we’ve been making for years…my Mom makes the best ever!
About these baked beans:
This recipe is so easy! Just brown the beef, assemble and bake! Let it simmer in the oven for about 3 hours and you end up with the most rich and delicious baked beans for dinner. Hearty and rich with a little sweetness baked in.
This is not chili.
I know it looks just like chili but it isn’t. These are oven baked beans made without all the spices that you’d usually add to chili (like cumin, chili powder etc…).
Baked Beans Recipe Tips:
- Beef: Lean ground beef works best for this recipe. You can use regular ground beef, just make sure to drain the excess fat.
- Can I use other ground meat? Yes! Ground turkey, chicken or pork are delicious in this recipe. You can also use a mixture of beef/chicken/turkey/pork.
- Beans: Any canned beans work well in this chili: red kidney beans, chickpeas, black beans, mixed beans, brown beans.
- Bacon: Bacon adds so much delicious smoky flavour to these baked beans. But if you don’t have any, or don’t want to add it, you don’t have to. If I’m out of bacon, sometimes I will add about 1 tbsp of bacon grease to the ground beef while it’s browning, just to get that smoky flavour we like (trust me!).
- Maple Syrup: Don’t have maple syrup? You can use brown sugar instead.
- Vinegar: This recipe calls for white vinegar, but you can also use apple cider vinegar.
- Broth: Use beef broth.
- Leftovers: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: These freeze well. Store it in an airtight container and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
FAQs about baked beans:
What to serve with them:
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!