This Winter Vegetable Soup is loaded with healthy vegetables. This recipe makes a big batch, so it’s big enough to share.
After the holidays I always crave comfort food. Healthy, delicious comfort food that we all enjoy! Maybe you feel the same way too? Well good, I’m glad you’re here because I’ve got a delicious soup recipe that I think you will enjoy!
Load it up!
This hearty soup is full of delicious and healthy ingredients like chickpeas, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower and tomatoes, which are also ingredients that are easy to find in the winter months. You can also add ingredients such as squash or your favourite beans.
This soup is great served alongside a freshly baked loaf of this 1-Hour Mozzarella and Parmesan Buttermilk Quick Bread. Winter meal perfection.
This is also a great recipe to take to a friend, a neighbour or someone in need. Food gifts are the best.
Winter Vegetable Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 leaves bay
- salt & pepper
- 1 - 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 680 mL can tomato sauce plain
- 1 - 540 mL can chickpeas
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 - 2 cups cooked noodles I used egg noodles
- In a soup/stock pot melt the butter, and saute the cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, celery, onions and garlic in butter, until soft.
- Add the oregano, bay leaves, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chickpeas and broth.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- In the mean time, cook your noodles in a separate pot. This is so they don't soak up all of your liquid in the soup. Or if you have leftover noodles from a pasta night, use those!
- Just before you are ready to eat, add the cooked noodles.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Delicious Winter Soup Recipes: