I have been making this bread for all of my married life. In fact, I am still using the same bread machine! Yes, this is a bread machine recipe. Can it get any easier than that?! I love a yummy, easy recipe… But this is actually the first year that I have not used the machine to bake the bread, and instead I just make the dough, shape it myself and bake it in the oven. I discovered that I prefer shaping the dough and baking it myself – I like the results so much better!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp soft butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped apricots about 10-15
- Put all of the ingredients, except the raisins and fruit, into the bread machine in the order listed above.
- If you are baking your bread in your bread machine choose the 'Bread' setting.
- Then add the raisins and fruit at the 'Fruit & Nut' signal.
- Let it bake!
- If you wish to bake your bread in your oven, choose the 'Dough' setting.
- After the dough is ready, remove it from the bread machine, and on a lightly floured surface, knead in the raisins and fruit.
- Shape your dough as you wish (I shape mine in an oval).
- Grease a cookie sheet, and put the dough onto the pan.
Now you have to let the dough rise before baking:
- To do this, turn on your oven for 1 minute at 200 degrees, then immediately shut it off.
- Then place your dough in the oven and let it rise until it doubles in size (about 1 hour).
- After this time, remove the dough from the oven, then preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake your bread for 20-25 minutes.
Look how delish this is! Go ahead, make some!
Have a delicious day!