Make the dough for this Fruit and Berry Christmas Bread in your bread machine! Let your machine do all the mixing and kneading then shape the dough into a loaf and bake it in your oven. Your home will smell wonderful!
I have been making this bread for all of my married life. In fact, I am still using the same bread machine! Yes, this is a bread machine recipe. Can it get any easier than that?! I love a yummy, easy recipe. But I like to use the bread machine to just make the dough, then I shape it into a loaf and bake it in the oven. I prefer to shape the dough and bake it myself – I like the results so much better!
Fruit and Berry Bread is perfect for Christmas!
This is a great Christmas bread recipe! You can serve it for brunch or use it to make toast…it’s so so good! It also makes great french toast!
Fruit and Berry Bread Recipe Tips
- Milk and Butter: Make sure your milk and butter are at room temperature. Cold ingredients do not stimulate yeast growth, so the dough won’t rise properly.
- Baking. You can either bake this bread right in the bread machine or in your oven. The difference will be in the shape: in the bread machine you will have a ‘rectangular’ loaf, but if you prefer you can shape the dough into loaf and bake it in your oven (this is my preferred method).
- Prepare your pan: I lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- When is the bread done baking? The bread loaf will sound hollow when you tap the top, and the top should be golden brown.
- Freezing: This bread freezes very well. Just make sure to let the bread cool completely before freezing. I like to freeze my bread loaves in plastic bread bags.
- Tip! Don’t try to slice into your bread too soon after baking or you’ll squish it…ask me how I know.
PIN IT to make later!