This Basil Butter Roasted Corn on the Cob is grilled in foil on the barbecue, resulting in the most flavourful corn! A must-make summer side dish.
If you’re looking for a new and delicious way to make corn, try roasting corn on the cob with butter and herbs on the barbecue! Easy and so good. And a perfect way to use up all that sweet summer corn!
Roasted Corn on the Cob is a perfect summer side dish.
I seriously could serve corn on the cob several times a week, but it can get kind of boring. I always tend to boil corn on the cob, which is great, but it’s nice to change it up. Another easy, and much more delicious way to serve cook corn is to grill it on the barbecue. Just wrap cobs of corn in foil and let it roast in butter and fresh herbs…roasted corn on the cob is seriously yum. It’s tender and so flavourful.
So many flavour possibilities.
What’s fantastic about this recipe for roasted corn on the cob is that you can customize it any way you like! If you don’t love basil, try fresh oregano. Or try a combination of thyme, basil, and chives. The flavour combinations are endless! Just get creative!
Roasted Corn on the Cob Recipe Tips
- CORN: Use fresh sweet corn. Remove the corn husks and silk.
- WRAPPING IN FOIL: After adding butter, herbs and seasoning, make sure to wrap the individual cobs of corn tightly in foil. Then place on the barbecue, seam up, so the butter stays in the foil.
- FLAVOUR OPTIONS: There are so many flavour options you can try:
- fresh basil + butter
- fresh chives or green onions + butter
- rosemary, garlic + butter
- seasoning salt + butter
- garlic + butter
- Parmesan cheese + butter
- use any fresh herbs: basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary
Handy tip: What to do with leftovers!
If you end up with leftover corn, here are some great ways to use it up! Cut the corn kernels off the cob and use it in any of these recipe ideas:
Recipe adapted from All Fired Up!
I hope the weather is gorgeous where you are and that you’re soaking up the sunshine! Have a fabulous weekend!