This Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is delicious! With chocolate in every bite of this vanilla cake, this is a recipe everyone will love!
This dense and moist vanilla cake is loaded with chocolate chips, making it a recipe all ages will enjoy. And the Bundt pan makes it pretty enough to serve without frosting.
Chocolate Chip Cake? Yes. Please.
There’s just something SO GOOD about a warm vanilla cake studded with chocolate chips…so if you’re craving a chocolate chip cake, then you need to try this recipe!
About this cake.
Bundt cakes are different than regular sheet or stacked cakes in that they are more dense in texture. In fact Bundt cakes are pound cakes, with the only difference being that you bake them in pretty bundt pans. These cakes are dense but moist, and are best served the same day they are baked.
Pretty pretty Bundt Pans
And the thing I love most about baking cakes in Bundt pans is how pretty they are. In fact they come out so gorgeous you don’t even need to add frosting.
To Frost or Not to Frost?
Now I know I said there’s no need to frost a Bundt cake, but if you want to add a little something to this Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake, you can add a light dusting of icing sugar. Or if you’re feeling really fancy, some simple chocolate ganache drizzle would be delicious too…but it could be chocolate overload…is there really such a thing though?
Easy enough to make on a weekday!
This cake recipe is easy enough to make, and made with the most simple ingredients, that you could even bake and serve it on a weeknight. Weekdays deserve cakes too…weekends shouldn’t have all the fun! 😉
I hope you enjoy this recipe! xo
- Yogurt: I use a 6% Balkan style yogurt for most of my cakes. You can also use sour cream or Greek yogurt instead, in this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips: You can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips. Each kind of chip will make your cake taste different. The semi-sweet chips are a little less sweet and a little more ‘bitter’, and the milk chocolate chips are more sweet and creamy.
- PAN SIZE: I use a 10 – 12 cup size pan for my Bundt cake recipes.
- PREPARING YOUR BUNDT PAN: I use a flour/oil spray (Pam has a really good one) to prepare all of my pans. Without proper pan preparation your cake will not slide out of the pan easily (or at all). The key is to make sure you get the flour/oil spray into all the little ornate nooks and crannies, especially for some of the really fancy pans, otherwise the cake will stick there. BUT don’t overspray your pans either, you don’t want to taste the spray on your cake…you just need a light spray that covers every area in the pan.
- THE BATTER: The batter is thick, not runny. This is just the nature of Bundt cakes.
- LET IT COOL: Once your cake is baked and removed from the oven, make sure to let it rest in the pan for 15 minutes before turning it out onto a plate. If you don’t let it rest, it’s more likely that the cake will stick to your pan on the way out. Sometimes I use my fingers to gently pull the cake away from the edges of the pan before I tip it out.
- HOW TO REMOVE YOUR CAKE FROM THE PAN: Once your cake has cooled, place a serving plate over the top of the cake pan, then holding the plate tightly to the pan, invert the cake over and the cake should slide out onto the plate. Gently remove the pan
- SERVING: This cake is best served the day it is made. If you have leftovers, make sure to store them in an air tight container…Bundt cakes dry out easily.
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
This Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is delicious! With chocolate in every bite of vanilla cake, this is a recipe everyone will love!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 1 cake 1x
- Category: Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt (a thick yogurt with the consistency of sour cream, or Greek yogurt or Balkan yogurt)
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- With a mixer cream together the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- To the butter mix add 1/3 of the flour mix, then 1/2 the yogurt. Repeat until everything is combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Now prepare your Bundt pan by spraying the inside of the pan with a baking spray containing flour (you can find this spray in the baking aisle at your grocery store). This step is so important if you want your cake to slide out of the pan.
- Put clumps of the cake batter around the bottom of the pan, then using your spatula smooth the batter.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. You can also tell if the cake is done by looking at the edges of the cake which should look lightly golden brown.
- Let the cake cool for 10 – 15 minutes in the pan, before turning the cake out onto a plate.
- Once the cake has cooled, if you like, dust it lightly with icing sugar.
Keywords: chocolate chip bundt cake, chocolate chip cake
Craving more chocolate chip recipes? Make sure to check out this delicious collection here.
More Delicious Bundt Cake Recipes:
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- German Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Lemon Bundt Cake
- Apple Pie Bundt Cake
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bundt Cake
Have a delicious day!