These Simple Scalloped Potatoes are creamy, rich and perfectly cheesy. A classic and delicious recipe perfect for any dinner occasion.
Scalloped potatoes may seem like a hard dish to make, but I promise they’re SO simple! These potatoes are easy enough to assemble to enjoy any day of the week, even weeknights. In fact, you only need about 15 minutes of prep time to put this dish together.
These potatoes are creamy, cheesy and so flavourful. A tried and true scalloped potato recipe that doesn’t disappoint!
Simple Scalloped Potatoes Recipe Tips:
- Use a starchy potato for scalloped potatoes. I like to use Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes.
- You can use any kind of white cheese that you like for this recipe. I like to use Monterey Jack cheese, but mozzarella and white cheddar are delicious too.
- Make sure to slice the potatoes thin, about 1/8 inch thick.
- You can assemble these potatoes ahead of time. Sometimes I like to assemble them in the morning, then slip them into the oven closer to dinner time. This is especially helpful when I’m putting together a holiday dinner and I’m pressed for time.
- I set the baking temperature to 325 degrees so that if you’re baking a ham, they can both bake in the oven at the same time.
- Sometimes scalloped potatoes take longer to bake than you might think. I like to give them a 2 hour window in case they’re not done by dinner time. They can sit/rest while the rest of dinner comes together…and I have found that it’s pretty hard to over bake scalloped potatoes.
Is there any more delicious dinner combination than baked ham and scalloped potatoes? I think not! Try these potatoes the next time you make a ham, you won’t be disappointed!Print
More Easter Menu Ideas!
If you’re adding these potatoes to the menu for your Easter dinner, then you might also love this recipe for baked ham, and this recipe for our favourite Pea Salad! Also don’t miss these delicious Devilled Eggs or my recipe for Easter Panettone. And don’t forget dessert…Carrot Cake Cupcakes are perfect for Easter, and these Peanut Butter Confetti Squares are amazing!
More Delicious Potato Recipes:
- Dill Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Whipped Mashed Potatoes with Truffle Cheese
- Oven Roasted Herb Potatoes
- Champ Mashed Potatoes
Have a delicious day!