These Deviled Eggs are simple and so delicious! A classic Easter (or anytime) appetizer.
Last year my sister hosted our family Easter dinner, and as always it was amazing! She is a fantastic cook, and always serves up the most delicious snacks and dinners…honestly, we always look forward to food at her house…yum!
Her dinner at Easter was no exception! It was so great that I wanted to share it with you. So this post is a little recap of one of my most favourite appetizers that she served – deviled eggs – as well as her gorgeous Easter table setting! Come on in for some Delicious Deviled Eggs and a pretty Easter Table Setting!
A classic Deviled Egg Recipe made with simple ingredients.
This is a simple and classic recipe for deviled eggs. They’re creamy, flavourful and so delicious. Serve them any time as an appetizer, but they’re especially wonderful at Easter!
Deviled Eggs Recipe Tips:
- Eggs: Use large eggs.
- Mustard: This recipe calls for Dijon mustard, but feel free to substitute it with regular mustard.
- Shallots: If you don’t have shallots, you can use finely minced sweet onion.
- Adding the filling: Spoon or pipe the egg yolk mixture back into the indent of the cooked egg whites, mounding the mixture slightly. If you wish to pipe the mixture in, use a star tip on a piping bag.
- Refrigerate before serving. Deviled eggs are best served cool.
- Garnish: You can garnish these deviled eggs with chopped fresh chives or green onion, and a little sprinkle of paprika. They’re also delicious with crumbled and cooked bacon or chopped dill pickles.
- Make Ahead Tips: You can boil the eggs the day before you want to make your devilled eggs. Keep them in the fridge in their shells, in an airtight container. You can also make the deviled centres ahead of time, just combine the ingredients and store the mixture in an airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from the Joy of Cooking
A Simple and Pretty Easter Table Setting
Now moving on to her Easter table setting. I love how simple and classic she makes everything. My sis has an amazing sense of style! I keep telling her she should have a blog haha!
I love the natural textures mixed with the blue, brushed silver and white! SO simple & fresh!
Add some fresh tulips and the table is complete! Gorgeous!
With Easter not too far away now, I hope you may have found some entertaining inspiration here!
PIN IT for later!
Have a delicious day!