This really is the Best Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe! Filled with delicious ingredients: eggs, breakfast sausage, cheese, potatoes, peppers, onions, cream and spices. So simple and so flavourful.
If you’re looking for a great recipe for weekend breakfast or holiday brunch, this Easy Breakfast Casserole is it! Loaded with tasty ingredients, this hearty breakfast casserole will definitely be a hit with the whole family! It’s everything you love about breakfast all in one recipe.
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
This hearty breakfast casserole is loaded with delicious and simple ingredients:
Great for the holidays!
This recipe is absolutely perfect for Christmas morning breakfast (or any holiday breakfast), it’s easy to assemble and feeds a crowd.
What to serve with breakfast casseroles:
This dish a complete meal on its own, but it’s even more delicious with a fruit salad, toast or a selection of baked goods. Here are some tasty ideas:
Breakfast Casserole Recipe Tips:
- SAUSAGE: Breakfast sausage is most delicious in this bake. But you can use any type of ground sausage that you like: Italian sausage, or any savoury pork sausage or even breakfast turkey sausage. If you can’t find ground sausage, feel free to buy breakfast sausages and remove the ground filling from the cases.
- EGGS: Make sure to whisk the eggs well. The egg/milk mixture should be smooth (sometimes I will give it a quick pulse with my hand blender).
- POTATOES: I prefer to use fresh potatoes. But you can use pre-made potato hash browns, shredded hashbrowns or frozen hash browns.
- CHEESE: Use a flavourful cheese like sharp cheddar cheese for this recipe. You can also use Swiss cheese, mozzarella cheese, Monterey Jack…
- CREAM: I like to use half and half cream or whole milk for this easy casserole recipe. But you can use 2%. I wouldn’t recommend 1% or skim milk.
- PAN SIZE: Use a 9 x 13 pan.
- LET IT REST: Make sure to let this dish rest for at least 5 – 10 minutes so you can cut nice tidy squares.
- LEFTOVERS: Leftovers are great the next day! Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 – 3 days. Just reheat in the microwave.
- FREEZING: I do not recommend freezing this dish, as it may be too wet and soggy after baking.
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe! Have a delicious day!