This Easy and Cheesy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is perfect for brunch this weekend! Make it the day you want it, or make it the night before. This recipe is great for weekend brunch, special occasions and the holidays!
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious breakfast idea, this is it. Assemble this dish in just minutes and breakfast will be ready and on the table in just over 1 hour. Which makes this a perfect recipe for the holiday season (but really, it’s great any time of year)!
Breakfast Casseroles are great all year round!
I love a good breakfast bake any time of year…there’s just something so great about doing all the assembling for a dish in minutes, then popping it in the oven to bake. Pretty stress free. This is especially helpful during the holiday season when we’re all so busy planning, cooking and visiting! Anything we can do to alleviate some of our stress, I’m all for it!
Yes you can make it ahead!
This Easy and Cheesy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is SO delicious. I have made it several times for my family, and they love it! In fact, this is going to be on the menu Christmas morning this year…I plan on assembling it on Christmas Eve, then popping it in the oven in the morning while the kids open their gifts.
Let’s talk flavour!
This dish is so flavourful…made with eggs, cheese, hashbrowns, bacon, ham or sausage, onions and peppers…so many great flavours all in one dish. And all the things you love about breakfast all in one recipe…love that.
- Eggs: Make sure to whisk the eggs well. The egg/milk mixture should be smooth (sometimes I will give it a quick pulse with my hand blender).
- Milk: You can use whole milk, or even 2% milk. I prefer whole milk…it makes this dish creamy.
- Cheese: You can use any kind of cheese for this dish. Our favourite is a Havarti and Monterey Jack blend, but cheddar cheese, marble and mozzarella work well too.
- Meat: You can use ham, cooked and crumbled bacon, or cooked or crumbled breakfast sausage (pork sausage or turkey sausage) in this recipe.
- Peppers: I add the equivalent of 1 cup of chopped bell peppers (red, green, yellow or orange all work). You can add more if you like.
- Hashbrowns: You can use either frozen or thawed shredded hash browns. I use a 20 ounce bag, which is roughly 4 cups.
- Garnish: Make sure to garnish with fresh green onion…they add the perfect finishing touch.
Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole Recipe Tips:
- Pan Size: Use a 9×13 casserole dish for this recipe.
- Let it Rest: Make sure to let this dish rest for at least 5 – 10 minutes so you can cut nice tidy squares.
- Leftovers: Leftovers are delicious! Just store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat individual portions in the microwave.
FAQs about this breakfast casserole:
Watch the video!
– – – – – –
PIN IT to make later!
I hope you enjoy this easy breakfast casserole! Have a delicious day!