These Bacon and Egg Breakfast cups are an easy and delicious way to start the day! Made with a little bacon nest that’s filled with a delicious scrambled egg and cheese filling. And they’re easily tailored for everyone’s tastebuds. SO delicious.
Have I ever told you how much I love breakfast? In fact, it’s my favourite meal of the day and I look forward to it when I go to bed at night, haha! It’s my favourite meal to eat, and my favourite meal to make. And because I love breakfast so much, I’m always looking for new recipes. And since maybe you are too, I thought you might like this recipe for Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups!
About this recipe:
These Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups, let me tell you, they are absolutely delicious. All the best things tucked into one cute little egg cup that’s lined with bacon. The bacon acts as a little nest that holds all the delicious egg. These cups are almost like mini omelettes in the way that they can be tailored to everyone’s taste buds. But instead they’re shaped into little egg muffins. Which makes them so easy to prepare and bake.
A delicious and versatile breakfast!
As well as being simple and quick to make, these cups are so versatile! Because they’re made in a muffin tin, each individual cup an be made the way each person wants. This is especially great if you have kids who only want eggs and cheese, or one who hates tomatoes, or if you’re like me you can load yours up with goodies like spinach and mushrooms.
Simple, quick and delicious!
Then pop them in the oven and 30 minutes later breakfast is served! So easy.
Egg Breakfast Cups Recipe Tips:
- AMOUNT: This recipe makes approximately 6 – 8 egg cups. Basically, one egg per person, and you will likely want 2 cups per adult, at least. They’re that good.
- ADDITIONS: Use all your favourite ingredients that you would like in an omelet, things like onions, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, ham, green onion, etc. Here are some delicious flavour options:
- Ham and cheese
- Mushroom, green pepper, onion and cheese
- Tomato, cheese and onion
- Spinach, tomato, onion and cheese
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: You can make these ahead of time, then store them in the fridge in an air-tight container for 3 – 5 days. When you’re ready to eat them just heat in the microwave for about 15 seconds or more.
- FREEZING: These freeze really well. After the egg muffins have cooled, place them onto a baking sheet into the freezer and freeze overnight. Once the egg bites have frozen, transfer them to a ziplock bag and keep in the freezer for about 1 month.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with fresh fruit, banana bread or toast.
Yum. Have a delicious day!