These Bacon and Egg Breakfast cups are an easy and delicious way to start the day! And they’re easily tailored for everyone’s tastebuds. SO delicious.
Have I ever told you how much I love breakfast? In fact, it’s my favourite meal of the day and I look forward to it when I go to bed at night, haha! It’s my favourite meal to eat, and my favourite meal to make. And because I love breakfast so much, I’m always looking for new recipes. And since maybe you are too, I thought you might like this recipe for Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups!
These. Oh my. These Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups, let me tell you, they are the bomb-diggity. All the best things tucked into one cute little egg cup. They’re almost like mini omelettes in the way that they can be tailored to everyone’s taste buds.
A delicious and versatile breakfast!
As well as being simple and quick to make, these cups are so versatile! Because they’re made in a muffin tin, each cup can be tailored to what each person likes to eat. This is especially great if you have kids who only want eggs and cheese, or one who hates tomatoes…or if you’re like me you can load yours up with goodies like spinach and mushrooms. My word. Perfect.
Simple, quick and delicious!
Then pop them in the oven and 30 minutes later breakfast is served! So easy.
- This recipe makes approximately 6 – 8 egg cups. Basically, one egg per person, and you will likely want 2 cups per adult, at least. They’re that good.
- Additions: Use all your favourite ingredients that you would like in an omelet, things like onions, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, ham, green onion, etc.
- Here are some delicious flavour options:
- Ham and cheese
- Mushroom, green pepper, onion and cheese
- Tomato, cheese and onion
- Spinach, tomato, onion and cheese
- Make Ahead Tip: You can make these ahead of time, then just store them in the fridge in an air-tight container for 3 – 5 days. When you’re ready to eat them just heat in the microwave for about 15 seconds or more.
- Serve with fresh fruit, banana bread or toast.
This recipe makes approximately 6-8 cups. Basically, it’s one egg per person. Although, I will say, you are going to want 2 cups per adult, at least. They’re that good.
- 1 in package of bacon, cooked, then cut half
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 green onions
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped mushrooms
- chopped Swiss chard or spinach
- chopped bell pepper
- chopped cooked ham
- First cook your bacon.
- Then cut your bacon in half, and line a muffin cup with 3-4 half pieces. The more bacon you use, the easier the egg cup will slip out of the muffin tin.
- Set your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and cheese.
- Then add and stir in the onions and what ever other additions you would like in your cups, to the egg mixture. Have fun with this part and make different ones for everyone!
- Pour the egg mixture evenly between the 6-8 cups you are making. The egg mixture should be just below the top of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. It may take longer depending on how many optional ingredients you have added.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
Keywords: breakfast cups, eggs
Let’s just have another look shall we….
More delicious breakfast egg recipes:
Yum. Have a delicious day!