Make these cute Christmas Sleigh Ornaments to hang on your Christmas tree or to give as gifts! So simple to make. The little wrapped gifts are the star of this ornament.
Thank you for stopping by today! I’m participating in the Seasonal Simplicity Christmas Series hosted by my friend Krista of Happy Housie. I’ve joined in with a talented group of bloggers and we’re sharing 22 DIY ideas for handmade Christmas ornaments! Make sure to take a tour through all the beautiful ornaments at the bottom of this post.
With just a few simple supplies, you can make this adorable Christmas Sleigh Ornament in just minutes! I also wanted to share this ornament as inspiration for upcycling old ornaments…by adding a few simple embellishments, you can make old new again!
Get inspired, then get creative!
Last holiday season while I was out and about shopping, I saw the cutest little sleigh ornament loaded up with wrapped gifts. I loved it so much, but didn’t love the price tag. All I could think was that I could make it myself, and so much cheaper too! So I tucked the idea away and didn’t get around to it until this year. I was reminded once again of this cute ornament when I saw a little red sleigh at a local craft market. I bought it and knew exactly what I was going to do with it.
What you need to make your Christmas Sleigh Ornaments:
The supplies for this ornament are very simple…you just need to find a mini sled, some wrapping paper and little boxes, and you’re set!
- mini sled ornaments: you can find mini sleds at most craft stores (I linked a couple below). And you might be able to find them at craft markets like I did, but you can also repurpose any old sled ornaments you might already have in your Christmas ornament stash…you know the ones…the old ornaments that are missing pieces and no one wants to hang on the tree…this is a good way to give old ornaments new life!
- mini wreath: you can find these at most craft stores as well. Often they come as hanging ornaments, but you can just cut off the strings
- small boxes: use any small box that will fit on your sleigh…ideally you should have 3 different sizes…larger at the bottom, then a medium box, then a small box. Things like paper clip boxes and small make-up packaging works well…you might have to get creative!
- wrapping paper and tape: use what ever paper matches your decor. I used 2 different patterns for this ornament
- red and white twine: the twine is used to tie the boxes to the sled, but you will also use the twine to hang the ornament
- hot glue: I used this to secure the presents together
How to Make Christmas Sleigh Ornaments:
These are SO simple. Honestly, the hardest part is wrapping the mini boxes!
- Wrap each box in wrapping paper. I co-ordinated mine so that the bottom and top box match.
- Stack each box on top of each other…I staggered them a bit. Between each box I used a dab of hot glue to secure them together
- Place the stack of boxes on the sled, and secure it with the red twine.
- Add the wreath to the top of the packages…I also used a small dab of hot glue to do this.
- Use another piece of the red twine to make a loop for hanging.
- That’s it!
Now you have the most adorable little sleigh all loaded up with Christmas gifts.
And because it’s a sleigh, I just had to get a picture of it out in the snow. The cutest.
Shop Similar Items
While these may not be the exact items I used for my ornament, here are some similar items that you can use to make these ornaments:
These are affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through one of the links, I receive a small commission, but at no cost to you! Thank you for supporting ‘A Pretty Life’, and helping to make this blog possible! xo
Here are more of my DIY Christmas Ornaments:
- Gingerbread Salt Dough Ornaments
- Cinnamon Stick and Orange Slice Ornaments
- Easy Cinnamon Star Ornaments
- Buffalo Plaid Christmas Ornaments
- Silver Bell Wreath Ornaments
- Mini Yarn Wreath Ornaments
- Candy Cane Jingle Bell Ornaments
More DIY Christmas Ornaments to Make!
Don’t stop here, make sure to check out more beautiful handmade ornaments…there are so many great ideas here to make!
Simple DIY Wood Bead Ornaments at The Happy Housie
Rustic No-Sew Mitten Ornaments at Home Made Lovely
Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments at Clean & Scentsible
DIY Salt Dough Ornaments at Jennifer Maune
Anthropologie Inspired Vined Monogram Ornament at Craftberry Bush
DIY Stamped Christmas Ornament made with Clay at The DIY Mommy
Ikea Hack Keepsake Photo Ornament at Fynes Designs
How to Make a Gingerbread House Ornament at My Sweet Savannah
Baking Soda Scandinavian Painted Ornaments at Tatertots and Jello
DIY Leopard Print Christmas Ornaments at Love Create Celebrate
Easy DIY Christmas Sleigh Ornaments at A Pretty Life
DIY Stone Christmas Ornaments at Cherished Bliss
DIY Nordic Christmas Ornaments at This is Simplicite
Gingerbread Salt Dough Ornaments at Modern Glam
DIY Snowflake Ornaments at The Handmade Home
DIY Anthropologie Inspired Felt Letter Ornament at Zevy Joy
DIY Chicken Christmas Ornaments at Dans le Lakehouse
DIY Wood Finial Ornament at The Turquoise Home
Boho Orange Slice Ornament at Cassie Bustamante
DIY Star Garland at Life is a Party
Coach Gift Christmas Ornaments at Just a Girl & Her Blog
Upcycled Pine Cone Ornament at She Gave it a Go
Have a Very Merry Day!