Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
These Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are sweet, soft, chewy and mega peanut buttery! Bake the batch in one pan, so you get 36 bars all at once. No waiting for batches of cookies to bake when you make these bars!
I made the most delicious peanut butter cookie bar recipe today. The most delicious I tell you. I seriously cannot stop eating these little bars of peanut butter deliciousness. Peanut butter is one of my biggest weaknesses, and combine it with a cookie batter, I can’t stop. Won’t stop.
About These Peanut Butter Cookie Bars:
These cookie bars are sweet, soft, and mega peanut buttery. Bake them in an 9 x 9 inch pan, then cut the cookie slab into about 36 squares. But really, you can cut them as big or small as you like.
Want Soft and Chewy Cookie Bars?
If you like your cookies soft and chewy, the key is to slightly under bake them. The same tip applies to these peanut butter cookie bars. We LOVE our cookies and bars soft and chewy, and under baking them makes them just perfect.
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars Recipe Tips
- Peanut Butter: Use creamy peanut butter. Crunchy would also work. I’ve just never made them with natural peanut butter so I’m not sure if that would work. I’m also not sure how any other nut butter would work…if you try one, let me know how it goes!
- Peanut Butter Chips: If you don’t have peanut butter chips, you can easily substitute them with chocolate chips (milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips) or even reese’s pieces.
- Add-Ins: You can add chopped nuts too (pecans or walnuts are good).
- Storage: Store these bars in an airtight container at room temperature for about 4 days. They will dry out if left out too long.
- Freezing: These cookie bars freeze well. Keep in an airtight container or plastic freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
These Peanut Butter Cookie Bars cookie bars are sweet, soft, chewy and mega peanut buttery!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 36 medium bars 1x
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Baking
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9 x 9 square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and combine.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Spread the cookie dough into the baking pan, making sure it is smooth and level.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until the centre looks set. See notes.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
I wanted our bars to be slightly chewy, so they are a little under done. I baked mine for 30 minutes.
Keywords: peanut butter cookie bars
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home
Cakes, cookies, desserts, cheesecake, dips, pancakes and more!
PIN IT to make later!
I hope you enjoy these chewy peanut butter cookie bars…it’s definitely a keeper!
Have a delicious day!
I was going to comment on that vintage pan! I love it! This recipe looks divine! I’m pinning it right this second!
Thank you Tara! 🙂
Husband is a happy camper as I’m making this right now! Anything peanut butter is a win win:) Thank you for sharing your treasures Jo-Anna!
Made it and it’s so yummy with milk despite that I over baked it a little. Sure making this again!
Oh my gosh, this looks to DIE FOR! My hubby is a PB addict so I’ll have to add it to my recipe box
Oh gosh, these look so delicious. I can’t wait to try this recipe!
Thank you Emma!
I love peanut butter, really love peanut butter! And these cookie bars look amazing! 🙂 Saying hello fro link party palooza!
Hi Cathy! I love PB so much too! These bars are the perfect peanut butter fix! Thank you for stopping by!
mmm these look so delicious! I love peanut butter, thanks for sharing : )
You are so welcome! They’re our fave!
Mmmmmm these look so yummy, the perfect little treat. I’d probably under bake mine as I love the chewy texture too.
Thank you Kathryn!
These look delicious. I can’t wait to try it. I have always enjoyed cookie recipes with peanut butter.
These are definitely a family favourite recipe!
I like my cookie bars to be chewy too, so thanks for saying to cook them for 30 minutes. A lot of cookies and other treats that have peanut butter tend to be hard, and I like softer treats.
Visiting from All Things Thursday.
the bars sound great. Would it be a sin to sub chocolate chips for the peanut butter chips?
Who can resist peanut butter? These look amazing!
Thank you Julie!
I should make this for my son’s birthday, he loves peanut butter. Thanks for posting. Hello from Project Inspired.
Look delicious! i want to buy some 😀
Making these now I’m so excited to try them thank you !
I made these and the taste is amazing, but they just fell apart on me. I’m not sure what I did wrong. ?
These were by far the best pb cookies I’ve ever had!!! Made exactly as the recipe instructed and they came out perfect! Thanks so much!!
I’m so happy you enjoyed them Leslie!