These Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are sweet, soft, chewy and mega peanut buttery!
I made the most delicious peanut butter cookie bar recipe today. The most delicious I tell you. I seriously cannot stop eating these little bars of peanut butter deliciousness. Peanut butter is one of my biggest weaknesses, and combine it with a cookie batter, I can’t stop. Won’t stop.
These cookie bars are sweet, soft, and mega peanut buttery. I under baked mine just a smidge, but I like cookies and bars soft and chewy, and under baking them makes them just perfect. You need to make them. Stat.
And can we just talk about this pan for a second? Isn’t it a thing of beauty? I’ve really grown an appreciation for, and a big love of vintage baking tins and pans. I love the shape of them, the details in the metal, and the worn look they wear. I want to know their stories. Who baked in them? What was baked in them? Where did they come from? I just love the mystery of them, so I find myself scouring thrift shops and antique stores for vintage tins like this one in the picture. So pretty.
Anyway, shall we get back to these Peanut Butter Cookie Bars? Yes, I think we should.Print
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
These Peanut Butter Cookie Bars cookie bars are sweet, soft, chewy and mega peanut buttery!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 36 medium bars 1x
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×9 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Spread the mixture into the baking pan, making sure it is smooth and level.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until the centre looks set. See notes.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
I wanted our bars to be slightly chewy, so they are a little under done. I baked mine for 30 minutes.
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home
– – – – – – – –
If you love peanut butter you might like these recipes too!
- Peanut Butter Loaf
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Cookies 3 Ways
- Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
- Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this recipe…it’s definitely a keeper around here!