Hi everyone! I’ve been up to my elbows in curry, coconut milk, rice noodles and fresh ingredients, and couldn’t be happier! I love to cook, so this Thai Kitchen cooking challenge has been very fun for me! In case you missed any of my previous recipes from this challenge, so far I have made:
I also wanted to mention that even though the products I am using are from Thai Kitchen, these recipes are my own creations! I’ve had a lot of fun being creative and coming up with new recipes, like these Thai Sweet Potato Latkes.
So today’s recipe is a new spin on one of our family favourites, the sweet potato latke! I used my basic latke recipe and took it up a notch to make a delicious Thai latke. And let me tell you, these are delicious and a new family favourite! We devoured these with much enthusiasm!
These latkes would make a delicious and healthy vegetarian winter appetizer, or served along side BBQ meat for dinner!
This recipe just requires some simple prep, and in no time they’re ready! Grating sweet potato & onion never looked more pretty! 😉
Mix in some fresh ingredients, and these latkes burst with flavour!
I like to cook my latkes on a pancake griddle, as this method requires little or no oil, making them more healthy!
Thai Sweet Potato Latkes
- 1 lb sweet potato or yam (peeled & grated)
- 1 onion (grated)
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp Thai Kitchen Spicy Thai Chili Sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Clubhouse Rice Flour
- Clubhouse Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- Combine the grated sweet potato, grated onion, and lime juice. Put the mixture into a towel and squeeze out all the moisture.
- Then put the sweet potato mixture into a bowl and add the eggs, green onions, ginger, cilantro, chili sauce, rice flour and salt & pepper to taste. Combine.
There are 2 ways you can cook these:
- You can cook them in a frying pan, using 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying OR
- We like to use a pancake griddle, and lightly spray it with cooking oil. This method uses a fraction of the oil, and works just as well!
Now it’s time to cook them:
- Just scoop large spoonfuls of mix (about 2 tbsp), and flatten them with a spatula.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- If you want to make the whole batch up at the same time, put the cooked latkes in a 300 degree oven until dinner time!
Don’t make the latkes too big, or they won’t cook properly.
– – – – – – – – – – –
Serve these Thai Sweet Potato Latkes with a dollop of sour cream and sweet chili sauce! SO good!
– – – – – – – – – – –
All of my Thai Kitchen Recipe Creations:
- Thai Sweet Potato Latkes
- Thai Pork Sliders with a Red Curry Aioli
- Crunchy Coconut Chicken Bites with Thai Mango Mayo
- Coconut Red Curry Crockpot Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Coconut Lime Shrimp with Prosciutto and Mango
- Spicy Orange Beef Tacos
- Coconut Curry Halibut Chowder
Have a delicious day!