This Wild Rice Stuffing with Raisins and Apples is a perfect side dish to holiday turkey, or an everyday roast chicken!
If you are looking for a new way to serve rice, this Wild Rice Stuffing with Raisins and Apples is such a great side dish! Full of flavourful and healthy ingredients, this rice dish is not just for fancy holiday turkey dinners. I mean, it is perfect alongside a roasted turkey for the holidays, but it’s easy enough to make that you can also serve it on any weeknight with Roast Chicken!
A nice alternative to traditional stuffing.
This rice stuffing is really meant as a delicious alternative to traditional bread stuffing. We LOVE bread stuffing, but sometimes a change is nice. The great thing about this wild rice stuffing is that it has all the spice flavours that you come to expect with traditional bread stuffings, like sage and thyme, so it tastes just like how you think it should. Like a turkey dinner, making it a great side dish for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Simple, healthy ingredients.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you probably have most of the ingredients right now in your own pantry, which makes this an easy side dish to make! Rice, raisins, chickpeas, apples, onions, celery and spices…so good.
Wild Rice Stuffing Tips & Tricks
- Rice: I like to use a wild rice blend, but brown rice works also well for this recipe as well.
- Liquid: This recipe calls for water, but you can also use chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- This recipe is very versatile! Feel free to add any kind of ingredients that you like, such as chickpeas, pine nuts, chopped pecans, almonds, dried cranberries, chopped dried apricot, and even chopped mushrooms. The possibilities are endless.
- You can make this recipe gluten-free and vegan. By using the right ingredients (vegetable broth, gluten-free ingredients).
- Leftovers: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Leftover tip! If I have any of this wild rice stuffing leftover, I’ll add it to my Homemade Turkey Soup…just pick out the raisins. 😉
Simple. Every day festive. Comforting.Print
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!
This post was originally shared on Oct 11, 2011, but I updated the pictures and decided to share it again!